Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 12:37 AM

18 posts, read 65,188 times

Advertisements

I know I sound like a broken record tonight but I was really shocked about Morristown (a little NW of Knoxville), which is why I can't say enough about it. I lived in west knox for a while, had been to morris town a couple times and wasn't too impressed. I spent a little more time there discovering the area and that little voice inside my head said, "yes, this is what I have been looking for"

beautiful property if thats what you are looking for. small town feel yet all the convieniences right there (mall, wall mart, lowes, etc.) 2 hospitals, over 200 phasicians, and the people are what amazed me the most. Sincere good folks who keep imressing me with thier hospitality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,029 times
There is no age restriction in Fairfield Glade. My husband and I have been vacationing here for years and bought our dream home three years ago. We LOVE it! Yes, most folks are near retirement age but there absolutely is NO age restriction!

There is a wonderful grocery store right in Fairfield Glade, one mile from my home which is on Lake St. George. Good restaurants are nearby. Turkey Creek is about 50 miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickedTN View Post
It's been a while since I've been to FFG, but maybe I should take another look. One thing that discouraged me was that it seemed a bit remote. How long would it take most residents to reach a decent grocery store or restaurant? How long to reach Turkey Creek?

Is the area cooler than Cookeville in the winter? More snow?

Do the residents normally shop for groceries in Crossville?
This is not true. You own land here just like you do anywhere else in the United States, and can sell it for a price you determine just like you would any other real estate. If you wish, you CAN sell it back to them for the price you purchased, which is a nice security feature IF you wish to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitneylion View Post
Why in the world would anyone buy a lot which required them to sell it at the original price in the future if they chose to sell it? That is crazy and in my mind illegal. Is there a realtor or real estate attorney on the board who could comment?

Last edited by mbmouse; 12-25-2008 at 08:18 AM..

Old 12-25-2008, 08:50 AM
jmk

15 posts, read 46,268 times
FYI, Cumberland Co is no longer a dry county. Residents voted, in November, to allow three liquor stores in Crossville. The approval process is the next step.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:29 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,267,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakelima View Post
I would run from any realtor from Fairfield Realty. I live here and absolutely love the place. Get a good independent realtor that will show the entire area not just what Fairfield Realty wants to sell. Great place to live.
Agree completely. Especially in the earlier years, there were a lot of lots sold as "building lots" that were unsuitable for development.

Moderator cut: cut

Last edited by Beretta; 01-01-2009 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: sorry, no realtor recommendations

Old 04-02-2009, 06:19 AM

31 posts, read 98,046 times
Default prices in Fairfield Glade

How much or have the prices fallen in Faifield Glade for lots or houses? Does anyone have any examples ?

Old 04-19-2009, 03:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,954 times
Default waterfront lot owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHjr View Post
I'm thinking of going to TN in May to look around. I have heard alot of good things about Fairfield Glade. If I like what I see I will buy a building lot for the future. Thanks for the information.
I own 2 lovely waterfront lots on Lake Dartmoor. I will be there in May also to work on building plans for one of the lots. They are located just around a short bend to signature gole 14 of Stonehenge golf.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:22 PM

3 posts, read 15,371 times
Try Oak Ridge- Only half hr from Knoxville

Old 10-16-2009, 05:24 PM

19 posts, read 75,365 times
I've heard about Oak Ridge - but isn't that a fully developed town? Or is there a community there to compare with Tellico or Fairfield etc..? And if so, is it developed, or one of these new developments with 3 houses and a clubhouse?

Thanks,

Old 10-16-2009, 05:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGlenday View Post
I've heard about Oak Ridge - but isn't that a fully developed town? Or is there a community there to compare with Tellico or Fairfield etc..? And if so, is it developed, or one of these new developments with 3 houses and a clubhouse?

Thanks,
It's a town.

You might be thinking of the Rarity community, which is west of there.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGlenday View Post

Thanks,
Oak Ridge is 85.5 square miles, area-wise, and it's technically a city because we have our own fire, police, utilities and schools. However, it's pure sprawl, not city-like at all. We have no walkable downtown, if that's what you mean, and you have to go to West Knoxville for a mall. There's a community in West Oak Ridge (which in my opinion isn't really physically in Oak Ridge but whatever) called Rarity Ridge that's more along the lines of a Tellico/Fairfield but isn't quite there yet, development wise. Also, under construction is a 50+ community (homes, condos - I think - start over $219,00) called Centennial Bluff on a golf course. They have a website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville