Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:57 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutarian View Post
Hello everyone! I moved here about 4 months ago and here are my thoughts.

1. I know I might upset some people on this one but I found El Tapatio to be not very good at all. Everyone in my party (family that had come to visit) all thought the same.

2.Cinco Dey Myo ( I know I spelled that wrong) VERY good Mexican food. Wife was impressed and she is hispanic.

3. Mama BullBoxer31. Good pizza and stromboli, everything else sort of bland.

4. Bobby Q's. Average BBQ but GREAT banana pudding

5. Mauricio's. Great atmosphere, good food and SUPERB garlic cream sauce. Owners are very attentive and make sure things are done correctly.

6. HOT. GREAT curry stews. Best I have ever had.

7. Taiko. Great place for light food. Nice noodle soups and tasty korean and garlic fried rice.

8. Puleo's Grill. Very good chicken chili, great salads and great ribs.

9. Matties. Have been there only for breakfast and I was shocked...in a good way. Nice, large breakfasts at VERY low pricing.

10. Oh Charlies. SUPERB potatoe soup. Don't know about anything else as I could not stop eating that soup.
Did I tell you you'd love Bobby Q's banana pudding or what? heh heh It's addictive! I have diabetes but believe me, I'd almost be willing to lose my eyesight just to have more of their banana pudding.

O'Charley's also has a-m-a-z-i-n-g yeast rolls. I mean seriously. I could make a meal out of their potato soup and yeast rolls.

I've never been to Mattie's but it sounds like my kind of place!

Have you tried Dipsy Doodle yet? Great meat-and-three lunches.

How about D'Angelo's Pizza? I've never tried it but everyone I know loves it--the wood fired oven apparently makes a difference. I personally love Mama Rosa's but you might want to try D'Angelo's (I believe it's just down the street from Mama Rosa's).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM

179 posts, read 452,945 times
I drove by D'Angelo's the other day and I think it's closed again. Sign said building for sale or lease...

Old 10-15-2009, 04:50 PM

179 posts, read 452,945 times
Ok, scratch that, drove by today and the Open sign was on, but it did still have the sign up that says building for sale or lease.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 3,130 times
Default What happened to our Breakfast places

I had been a steady customer of 13th St. Kountry Cafe and sure miss the service, quality, quanity of food and the all around Cheers atmosphere. I hope someone buys the place soon and takes over where the previous owners left off. Just add Saturdays to be open too.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,787 times
It's funny how these breakfast/meat & three's will start out with a bang and be very popular for a good while, and then all the sudden fizzle out & die for no obvious reason. I guess that's why the restaurant business is tough though.
I know over the years for breakfast my "group" has moved from East Side Cafe to City Square(really miss that place) to 1st & Oak to 8th & Willow to 13th & Washington and now the going place is Maddie's on W. Broad.
And that'll change someday too I guess...

firepower

Old 10-17-2009, 06:03 PM

869 posts, read 1,786,424 times
Just got back into town, spent the last week getting the rest of our stuff moved down here. But, my wife drove by Beef O'Brady's yesterday and said there was a sign up that they are hiring. Hope they reopen, I've been to a few that I really liked.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 PM

421 posts, read 1,690,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkman View Post
Just got back into town, spent the last week getting the rest of our stuff moved down here. But, my wife drove by Beef O'Brady's yesterday and said there was a sign up that they are hiring. Hope they reopen, I've been to a few that I really liked.
Beef's DID reopen. I'm glad but must say a little surprised. Didn't think they'd be back.
New B-B-Q opened up at the old drive through coffee shop at Jackson & Scott. G's Barbeque. Haven't had it personally yet but have heard others raving about it!

firepower

Old 11-07-2009, 03:08 PM

869 posts, read 1,786,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firepower View Post
Beef's DID reopen. I'm glad but must say a little surprised. Didn't think they'd be back.
New B-B-Q opened up at the old drive through coffee shop at Jackson & Scott. G's Barbeque. Haven't had it personally yet but have heard others raving about it!

firepower
Had lunch there yesterday, it was good. Will be back. I saw the BBQ place & saw them out back cooking one day last week. WIll have to try that soon.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:09 PM

231 posts, read 585,670 times
We will be up there on Wednesday. Will definitely try the new BBQ place, because we LOVE BBQ!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM

262 posts, read 522,986 times
Just had lunch at The Cottage in Algood right by WalMart. It was good home cooking and the coffee for seniors is only 45 cents. Friday night 5 to 7 is all you can eat catfish. They have a simple menu but everything that we had was very good. We will be going there again soon.
Breakfast looked good and cheap but they don't open until 9am
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville