Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2007, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 16,089 times

Advertisements

Hello again. I am just trying to get some advice on looking for a job when i move to Cookeville here in the next month. I am going to be a student a TTU and they do this program where if you work 30 hours a week, and go to school for 11 its called 'establishing residence' and you do not have to pay out of state tuition. Is there any suggestions to where i should go. Should i try on campus - even though i don't start until September? I love animals and prefer to work with them - but i am not picky though. Anything that is $6.00 an hour would be great. Also my fiance(will be husband by then) will need a job as well. He went to school for Auto Body repair. Is there alot of shops for that in Cookeville? He applied everywhere here in Munice, IN but had no luck - but there arent many jobs for anything here. I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!!

THaNKS JESSICA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 03:24 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_92988 View Post
Hello again. I am just trying to get some advice on looking for a job when i move to Cookeville here in the next month. I am going to be a student a TTU and they do this program where if you work 30 hours a week, and go to school for 11 its called 'establishing residence' and you do not have to pay out of state tuition. Is there any suggestions to where i should go. Should i try on campus - even though i don't start until September? I love animals and prefer to work with them - but i am not picky though. Anything that is $6.00 an hour would be great. Also my fiance(will be husband by then) will need a job as well. He went to school for Auto Body repair. Is there alot of shops for that in Cookeville? He applied everywhere here in Munice, IN but had no luck - but there arent many jobs for anything here. I am just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!!

THaNKS JESSICA
I think working on campus is an excellent idea! Not only would you be able to walk from work to classes, but your boss would be very understanding about working around your class schedule.

As for body shops in Cookeville, there are a ton of them. There are several large car dealerships as well as individual body shops. No one is ever guaranteed a job, but if he's persistent and is willing to go the extra mile and is patient, hopefully something will come his way. I wish I had the names of places where he could look, but I am in Belgium and France for the next few weeks eating so much incredible chocolate that I may not fit in my airplane seat on the way back to TN...

Best of luck to you!

Old 05-15-2007, 09:41 PM

60 posts, read 308,629 times
Subway or Restaurant Row! They're always looking for students. Also, check the Career Services office at TTU. They usually keep a list of folks looking for part-timers.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:28 PM

421 posts, read 1,691,054 times
As has been previously stated,there are many,many jobs to be had in Cookeville.You won't have any problem.Working on campus would be cool if you can.If you want to wait tables though,there are over 100 restaurants in Cookeville.A LOT of TTU students do that and depending on where you work you can make pretty good money,as much as you want to put the time in;Especially on "restaurant row" as earlier stated.
As for your fiance,yes there are many full service car dealerships & auto body shops in Cookeville.At any given time I'm sure one or two of them are needing help so I don't think he'll have a problem if that's what he wants to do.
Welcome to Cookeville!
-BTW,did you see my post about the apartments from a few weeks ago?
Have you found one yet?...

firepower

Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 PM

3 posts, read 16,089 times
Thank you guys so much, this makes me feel alot better!!!

oh and firepower we are just going to stay with his brother in the fleetwood village apartments. Its the easiest thing to do right now. Thank you so much for your help!!!

JESSICA

Old 05-18-2007, 02:15 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times
State job site.

https://ecmats.state.tn.us/eCMATS/ (broken link)

---------------------------------------------
Local Newspaper in Cookeville for Jobs.

http://www.herald-citizen.com/

Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 AM

421 posts, read 1,691,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica_92988 View Post
Thank you guys so much, this makes me feel alot better!!!

oh and firepower we are just going to stay with his brother in the fleetwood village apartments. Its the easiest thing to do right now. Thank you so much for your help!!!

JESSICA
Good choice...save some money for a while!

I grew up in the neighborhood that borders Fleetwood Village-"Honeybrook"-
My parents just moved back there...

firepower
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: