Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 PM

235 posts, read 774,143 times

Advertisements

Well I have loved reading all of the post that everone has put in, But I guess I have to put MY dream of moving to Cookeville,Tn out of my head as long as I'm married ot my wife she thinks that if we moved there that the world would turn upside down. She's not welling to make a change,I loved reading &talking to so of yall (just putn n my 2cents) when I could. Maybe I will move up someday. May have to when I retire! Well I guess ,as porky the pig says That's all forks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Southernfried,

Sorry to hear you won't be moving to Tn. soon. Tn. is a great place to live.
All the best to you,
Pam

Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfried View Post
Well I have loved reading all of the post that everone has put in, But I guess I have to put MY dream of moving to Cookeville,Tn out of my head as long as I'm married ot my wife she thinks that if we moved there that the world would turn upside down. She's not welling to make a change,I loved reading &talking to so of yall (just putn n my 2cents) when I could. Maybe I will move up someday. May have to when I retire! Well I guess ,as porky the pig says That's all forks!!!
I'm so sorry! But I understand about keeping the wife happy, and if she's not ready to leave Mississippi then that settles that.

You can still pop in our little forum and say hey from time to time! Best wishes to you.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:30 AM

851 posts, read 2,458,282 times
southernfried,
Sorry to hear about your postponed dreams.
You do get a vacation, right? Hint Hint. There are some beautiful places to see in Tennessee. People do change their mind from time to time. I did. Maybe she will fall in love and change her mind. My husband wanted to move years ago but I wasn't ready. My job had a great retirement plan and I didn't want to start over again. And I thought I wanted to live in Florida forever and ever. And then one day I got up and said I have to get outta here. This is not the place it used to be. It's getting worse everyday. I don't like it... I can't afford to retire in Florida. I want to move. My choices were Georgia, Tennessee or the Carolinas. I narrowed it down to Tennessee. When I saw it I fell in love with the beautiful east TN mountains and everyone that I talked was very friendly. I love everything about TN. I can hardly wait to move. Best wishes to you and your family. Don't stop dreamin, someday it will come true.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:02 PM

231 posts, read 585,850 times
Sorry to hear about your plight, but it doesn't mean that you can't stay in touch. You never know what life has to offer around the next corner.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,523,474 times
Florida To Niota 2010 :And then one day I got up and said I have to get outta here. This is not the place it used to be. It's getting worse everyday. I don't like it... I can't afford to retire in Florida..

I second that.. Tennessee or Bust 2010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville