Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,208 times

Advertisements

Unable to post FOR SALE SIGNS

I am an original Hawks Bluff Owner of Phase I. I wanted to create this blog to warn potential buyers of Hawks Bluff property about restrictions that you may not be aware of before signing any contract. When I purchased my 2.5 acres nearly 3 years ago I was pretty excited about my purchase. 3 years later I have decided to buy near Knoxville or Nashville as there is much more to do in either of these areas as compared to Spencer TN. I contacted a local realtor to list my property and placed it for sale (REMAX). I was aware of the convenant that stated we could not place a "For Sale" sign on the property as long as Hawks Bluff owns atleast 1 lot in the development. To my suprise, nearly 3 years later Hawks Bluff has opted to keep a lot in my phase even though they have sold out Phase I thus preventing me from placing a "For Sale" sign on my lot. Int'l Land Consultants (developer) has a complete lock on the market. My word to the wise is to beware of buying there if you have any doubt about whether you will settle there in the future. A "For Sale" sign is fantastic tool to assist in a sale and the developer refuses to allow any signage. Use caution and think it out well before you buy. Moderator cut: advertising

Old 04-16-2007, 05:09 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,096,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircop00 View Post
Unable to post FOR SALE SIGNS

I am an original Hawks Bluff Owner of Phase I. I wanted to create this blog to warn potential buyers of Hawks Bluff property about restrictions that you may not be aware of before signing any contract. When I purchased my 2.5 acres nearly 3 years ago I was pretty excited about my purchase. 3 years later I have decided to buy near Knoxville or Nashville as there is much more to do in either of these areas as compared to Spencer TN. I contacted a local realtor to list my property and placed it for sale (REMAX). I was aware of the convenant that stated we could not place a "For Sale" sign on the property as long as Hawks Bluff owns atleast 1 lot in the development. To my suprise, nearly 3 years later Hawks Bluff has opted to keep a lot in my phase even though they have sold out Phase I thus preventing me from placing a "For Sale" sign on my lot. Int'l Land Consultants (developer) has a complete lock on the market. My word to the wise is to beware of buying there if you have any doubt about whether you will settle there in the future. A "For Sale" sign is fantastic tool to assist in a sale and the developer refuses to allow any signage. Use caution and think it out well before you buy. My 2.5 acres is available through REMAX is anyone is interested. Ridgeview Dr #165.
That's very interesting. I went and pulled out my restrictions on the property i just bought and luckily the ONLY signs we can post are realty signs or For Sale by Owner signs. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure it's something nobody thinks about. I know I didn't.

Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM

240 posts, read 1,155,464 times
I kind of like it. Sometimes you looks really bad with all those 4 sale signs in an area. I am building out there now and kind of like the idea. You might want to check if other things there are being done under the restrictions and if not you might have a good fight.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM

29 posts, read 119,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwood View Post
Thanks Rescue 1,

Have you done any work in Grundy County, (Monteagle Mountain), or on Louis Chappel Mountain near Dunlap? Im searching for a lot in these areas. I went to Louis Chappel tuesday but the fog and rain ruined my trip. Lots of clearing activity on the mountain with many lots going for sale soon.

The Monteagle area also looks nice but ive heard of a crime problem in that area.

Thanks for you advice,
Ironwood
We don't have a crime problem in Monteagle that I know of. Do We? lol
I better start locking my doors!

Old 04-17-2007, 11:04 PM

I hope instead of selling, you build up in Hawks Bluff. I think it is going to be a great place to live

Old 04-18-2007, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,997 times
If you buy or bought a lot in Hawks Bluff, can you sell it back to the developer instead of trying to sell it with a realtor?
Thanks

Old 04-20-2007, 09:34 AM

40 posts, read 104,603 times
so what is the problem, I agree with brcommo, I have been living in phase-1 now for almost two years. The restrictions are there to keep the place looking nice. I do not want to see 4 sales signs. You did the right thing, give it to an agency to sell. I went into the sales office, they are not sold out in phase-1.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:41 PM

I say keep the restrictions, but all should be followed, not just signs. Some rules are not being followed in phase 1. But mount is right to keep the place nice and clean. Try and sell it back to Hawks Bluff.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:32 AM

I am building a house in Hawks Bluff in Spencer and I want to give dirt away, if anyone is building. Does anybody know who might need some dirt if they are building a home.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:39 AM

40 posts, read 104,603 times
there working on the house today, looks great. Sorry I do not need any dirt. did you get ahold of the one person to clean the lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville