Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2007, 05:51 AM

240 posts, read 1,153,158 times

Advertisements

I also have property in Phase 1 and currently building a log home. I have a great builder I think and looking foward to be up there soon

Old 02-03-2007, 11:17 AM

I have heard this area had about 3 inches of snow. Is the snow still down.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:11 PM

40 posts, read 104,280 times
Here at Hawks Bluff it was about 1.5 in. Did not last long by the afternoon it was pretty much gone. Went by your house today, looks good, you should see some of the stuff that is going up. Really nice. This is a great place to live, with a lot of great people purchasing property. If anyone is looking give me a yell, I will direct you in the right direction. If your looking for a log home I can direct you in that direction also, right brcommo, what is that guys name at Hawks Bluff---Paul. If you need me to check on anything let me know.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:49 PM

60 posts, read 307,908 times
I can't believe I'm reading about people planning about moving TO Spencer! I've lived in Cookeville all my life, and believe me, Spencer is in the middle of NOWHERE! There is literally NOTHING there! We had to travel through there quite often last year and couldn't even get cell service - it's THAT remote! Yes, it's gorgeous, and I love the view off the mountain, but it is definitely out of the way. We don't have snow often here, but when we do, I sure wouldn't want to try driving off that mountain. There's no industry in the county. It's one of the poorest and least populated in Tennessee.

Whoever that salesman is must be doing a heck of a job!

Old 02-05-2007, 07:51 AM

The cell service in Hawks Bluff works. They are building more and more in the area of Spencer. Falls Creek State Park is right down the road and very nice.
When people start to move in the area so does industry. If you lived in Cookeville all your life then Cookeville had to start as small community. Maybe Spencer will be next. I would rather keep it small.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:23 PM

40 posts, read 104,280 times
I live in Hawks Bluff, there is no problem with the cell service in the area. Verizon works well here. Your right Van Buren county is the least populated, but coming from South Fl that is just what we are looking for. The people who are moving up here want to get away from the rat race, we do not need to have a store on every corner. Plenty of towns and cities that are within 45 min drive to get what I need. I have to agree with brcommo, there are plenty of people moving here, and it will slowly grow. Property sells itself, the sales people are just showing the product.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:25 AM

130 posts, read 473,251 times
i am building a home in HB, in Spencer, and I can't wait to move. my husband and i have already made some great friends out there! I will find a job, maybe selling real estate! that would be the thing to do out there! maybe HB will hire me to sell their property! by the way, Verizon works great up there. seems to be the only service in the mountains whether you are in NC, or TN. by the way, if anyone is interested in going to HB to look at property, go see Paul. he's great, and he's a FLA transplant like most of us. KC, I hope you don't mind us making Spencer a wonderful place to live!
Mary N.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,727 times
Default Very Impressed

We recently went to Hawk's Bluff to check out the properties. Coming from the South Florida area, we were really did not know what to expect. The time we were up there was great and we were very pleased. We are very satisfied with our property. The entire experience was phenominal and very educating. Our rep is very knowlegdable and made the experience very worthwhile. If you are serious about looking into property I would definitly recommend Hawk's Bluff. Ask to speak to the rep Paul, very good! Definetly happy about my purchase!

Old 02-14-2007, 09:36 AM

I agree. Paul is good to deal with alot of knowledge and you better, he lives there.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:53 AM

13,337 posts, read 39,765,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brcomm0 View Post
The cell service in Hawks Bluff works. They are building more and more in the area of Spencer. Falls Creek State Park is right down the road and very nice.
When people start to move in the area so does industry. If you lived in Cookeville all your life then Cookeville had to start as small community. Maybe Spencer will be next. I would rather keep it small.
Well, there's small, and then there's SMALL. Spencer is SMALL. There's only one grocery store in the entire county, and it's about the size of a large convenience store.

I agree with KC38506, it is absolutely beautiful there in Van Buren and Bledsoe counties, but my gosh it will literally take you all day and a half tank of gas to run normal errands. And what about fire protection or ambulance service? Best of luck if you fall down in the bathtub and need emergency medical attention.

But it really is beautiful there. Fall Creek Falls is the crown jewel among Tennessee state parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville