Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 06:23 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times

Advertisements

Looking for information on utilities if you have recently moved into the Crossville area what did the local electric company charge you for a new account fee. Same goes for water - sewer - cable TV - Internet -garbage.I'm just curious on set up fees charged..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 07:02 PM

27 posts, read 159,157 times
Volunteer Electric charged me $250.00 for a deposit that you only get back if you have had continuous electricity for 2 years and if you have never been late on a payment. The catch though, is even if you were never late for the 2 years, they only refund the money when you discontinue the use of their company, like if you move away and need a different electric company. Although i have heard that a new electric company just recently opened here in crossville, but i do not know much about it.

When i got Frontier Communications cut on for the phone/dsl, they charged me $100.00 deposit that they credit back to your account after one year of no late payments.

I am signed up with DirecTv, so I am not too sure about the cable companie's start up fees, although you could probably call Comcast and find out more through them. (DirecTv does not charge a sign up cost if you do it through the internet).

I am currently living in an apartment so I am not too sure about how much water costs to get cut on, but from what I understand from my husband's family members (he is from Crossville), his uncle had to pay $700.00, but take in consideration that he had never had water in his name before, and he lived out in the county, so they may base it on if you have ever had water in your name, and where you live, etc.

I think i answered all of your questions, if you have any more i would be happy to help!

Old 06-14-2007, 07:40 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,510,696 times
Thank You.........and have a beautiful tomorrow

Old 06-14-2007, 08:03 PM

27 posts, read 159,157 times
no problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: