Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 AM

423 posts, read 823,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
I'm so disappointed that they don't do anything to promote tourism down there, in fact, after this experience it seems they don't want any tourists
Corpus Christi has possibly one of the worst city managements in Texas, they can't even make a slightly more pleasant experience for one of their major industries.

IMO the best beach in Corpus is the Padre Island National Seashore, you should have rented hotel in that area. The access to the beaches is $10/week, but they are much cleaner and there's hardly any seaweed possibly because of pretty strong undertow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 10:58 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times
Yep we stayed at that Holiday Inn in corpus couple years ago and had the same horrible experience. I remember thinking "Wish we'd stayed at the Omni".

We've learned to go to South Padre instead and we have a wonderful time.

Corpus is fine for a day ----eat at snoopys on the water and hang out but not much more. The jelly fish to me are way too much.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:12 AM

484 posts, read 1,631,647 times
nsummer; I'm very sorry you had a bad experience during your visit to CC. However, with the recent storms in the Gulf we do get a load of seaweed on the beaches. The usual procedure is to allow the storm to pass and conditions to settle, then you see a bevy of front end loaders and other equipment cleaning the beaches. It's a process that can take several days as there are miles of beach to clean.

Interestingly, there was a plan to haul the seaweed off to a composting site, apparently it makes good garden soil after composting, I have no idea if that scheme is working or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi