U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2010, 09:40 AM
 
7 posts, read 17,051 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Here is a great way to summarize the backwards-ness of this city... The most exciting thing/biggest news in this city is that two new Wal-Mart Supercenters are to be built in the city and to be completed by fall 2011. LOL!

This may give you some insight on how this city is.
this is just fine to me, i'm not a big fan of cooperate take overs. i like privately owned business'. another thing thank you to the first person whom answered all of my questions i didn't know i could use the bus for free this will make things much easier. thank you everyone you all helped very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2010, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,351 posts, read 2,706,208 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54321 View Post
While that may be the biggest news to you, it isn't to the rest of us living in Corpus Christi. There are so many bigger and better things going on. The demolition of the coliseum and Destination Bayfront to take its place. The redevelopment of the land next to American Bank Center to include condos, retail, restaurant, hotels and possible waterpark. The new splash park on the northern end of shoreline blvd (which is just a sneak preview of what the rest of shoreline is going to look like as the begin phases 2 and 3).

these are just a few... I could go on.

Wish you would focus on the positive things going on and get involved. YOu might be surprised how great CC can be when you do.
... It took 5 years for the city to make a decision on the coliseum... ITS ABOUT TIME!!! Destination Bayfront and all of that other stuff isn't even for sure. It is just some developers talking with the council about it. Our city council has about a 99% failure rate of allowing things to happen in this city. So there is nothing to get excited about until construction actually BEGINS. Remember when everyone got all wryled up about Crosstown Commons and the Outlets in Robstown? BIG LET DOWNS!!!

CalallenMom, I agree. I think US 77 should be just like SPID (but better freeway conditions, but shop-wise) to service Calallen, Odem, Sinton, Alice, Kingsville, Robstown, Orange Grove, Taft, and Mathis. It is a large untapped market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Calallen :)
163 posts, read 620,854 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
... It took 5 years for the city to make a decision on the coliseum... ITS ABOUT TIME!!! Destination Bayfront and all of that other stuff isn't even for sure. It is just some developers talking with the council about it. Our city council has about a 99% failure rate of allowing things to happen in this city. So there is nothing to get excited about until construction actually BEGINS. Remember when everyone got all wryled up about Crosstown Commons and the Outlets in Robstown? BIG LET DOWNS!!!

CalallenMom, I agree. I think US 77 should be just like SPID (but better freeway conditions, but shop-wise) to service Calallen, Odem, Sinton, Alice, Kingsville, Robstown, Orange Grove, Taft, and Mathis. It is a large untapped market.
Worth repeating. The city council is notoriously "taking candy from a baby" when they boast about these great ideas for our city, showing these drawings while getting everyone talking...and then ripping the rug out from all of us. It's sad.

Ah, and yes, as for the splash park down on the Bayfront -- it took a total of 5-ish weeks before the Caller was reporting that it was being trashed already by people bringing their dogs (who were defacating everywhere) and the breeders leaving soiled diapers on the ground. It's a shame that even something as small as a splash park can be trashed in no time. I was pretty amped up about the idea when it started, but I won't' be taking my little ones there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 03:27 AM
 
6 posts, read 9,441 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54321 View Post
While that may be the biggest news to you, it isn't to the rest of us living in Corpus Christi. There are so many bigger and better things going on. The demolition of the coliseum and Destination Bayfront to take its place. The redevelopment of the land next to American Bank Center to include condos, retail, restaurant, hotels and possible waterpark. The new splash park on the northern end of shoreline blvd (which is just a sneak preview of what the rest of shoreline is going to look like as the begin phases 2 and 3).

these are just a few... I could go on.

Wish you would focus on the positive things going on and get involved. YOu might be surprised how great CC can be when you do.

Ok, while all that may sound real exciting to you, It's a drop in the bucket. A town of a quarter of a million people isn't exactly a small town, and relatively speaking there isn't that wide of a variety of things to do here. I've never been impressed, I come from a city about twice this size, but with 10x more things to do and see.

Oh, and the Gulf, another big disappointment here. Just a big muddy puddle for the most part. *sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 06:17 AM
 
135 posts, read 443,660 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRADELEOUS View Post
Ok, while all that may sound real exciting to you, It's a drop in the bucket. A town of a quarter of a million people isn't exactly a small town, and relatively speaking there isn't that wide of a variety of things to do here. I've never been impressed, I come from a city about twice this size, but with 10x more things to do and see.

Oh, and the Gulf, another big disappointment here. Just a big muddy puddle for the most part. *sigh*
not that much to do? or is it that you don't like to do much? there must be a reason its a tourism hotspot in texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,351 posts, read 2,706,208 times
Reputation: 1399
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowviolette View Post
not that much to do? or is it that you don't like to do much? there must be a reason its a tourism hotspot in texas.
Because it has a beach? I bet when the tourists come here they see Corpus, say eww, and spend the rest of their time in Port A. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 09:47 PM
 
6 posts, read 9,441 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowviolette View Post
not that much to do? or is it that you don't like to do much? there must be a reason its a tourism hotspot in texas.

Before I moved here it was a place I always thought I'd like to visit. Now I live here and I wonder how many "tourists" that visit come back? With the exception of teens at spring break, but then anyplace seems great when ur s*!tfaced and surrounded by several hundered other s*!tfaced people your own age. I'm not saying it's all bad, but I'm 35, single, and active. Oh, and I don't fish and kill defenseless animals. That seems to be the big leisure activity down here. Woohoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:04 AM
 
135 posts, read 443,660 times
Reputation: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRADELEOUS View Post
Before I moved here it was a place I always thought I'd like to visit. Now I live here and I wonder how many "tourists" that visit come back? With the exception of teens at spring break, but then anyplace seems great when ur s*!tfaced and surrounded by several hundered other s*!tfaced people your own age. I'm not saying it's all bad, but I'm 35, single, and active. Oh, and I don't fish and kill defenseless animals. That seems to be the big leisure activity down here. Woohoo.
tourist must be coming back for some reason otherwise it would not be at the top of the list every year for vacation spots. where did you move from? and by the way, i think you are confusing N. Padre with south padre island.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-21-2010, 11:55 AM
 
6 posts, read 9,441 times
Reputation: 12
Nashville. North Padre catches alot of spring break people too. A WHOLE lot. But regardless, live and let live. This town isn't as captivating for me as it seems to be for some, but to each his/her own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2010, 12:10 AM
 
135 posts, read 443,660 times
Reputation: 127
nashville??? that explains eveything...my husband works with two other federal agents that are from nashville and they told us how "trashy and racist" that place is. is there any truth to that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top