U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 01:40 PM

15,246 posts, read 17,446,540 times

Advertisements

Based on the 2010 TAKS ratings, CC has 1 exemplary high school and 3 recognized high schools out of 6 altogether. Rockport has 1 recognized high school out of 1.

CC has 7 recognized middle schools out of 12. Rockport has 1 recognized middle school out of 1.

CC has 16 exemplary elementary schools, 19 recognized and 4 academically acceptable. Rockport's 4-5 elementary is exemplary and its 1-3 elementary is recognized.

The numbers speak for themselves. Just because some schools have problems does not mean that all the schools are poorly rated. You need to get over the notion that a child cannot get a good education in Corpus Christi. It's simply not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 03:59 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,692,847 times
Of course some of the people who own refineries move to Rockport- they know how dangerous and ugly the refineries are better than anyone.

Yes our school board member who used to be a teacher in CCISD is anecdotal evidence, however in your case a little knowledge is dangerous - you already have the PROOF in the low district ratings.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:01 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,692,847 times
The district's ratings as whole are what the TEA most considers. I didn't say someone couldn't get a good education in CC - there are people who have gotten good educations in prison.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
The district's ratings as whole are what the TEA most considers. I didn't say someone couldn't get a good education in CC - there are people who have gotten good educations in prison.
So when you can't prevail logically you resort to insults?

Here are the facts: If you wish to send your child to an exemplary elementary for all five years and to an exemplary high school in CC, you can. If you wish to do so in Rockport, you can't.

If you wish to send your child to a recognized middle school in CC or Rockport, you can.

If you wish for your child to obtain an International Baccalaureate high school diploma in CC, you can. In Rockport, you can't.

If you want your child to attend a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon school in CC, you can. In Rockport, you can't.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 PM
SOM

124 posts, read 429,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Of course some of the people who own refineries move to Rockport- they know how dangerous and ugly the refineries are better than anyone.

Yes our school board member who used to be a teacher in CCISD is anecdotal evidence, however in your case a little knowledge is dangerous - you already have the PROOF in the low district ratings.
Who said anything about OWNING refineries?

Believe me, the people who OWN the refineries aren't in CC OR Rockport!

I'm sure that, being so anti-refinery, you avoid all use of petroleum products....in order to, you know, be all *principled* and stuff....

Old 09-18-2010, 02:17 PM

75,133 posts, read 87,531,861 times
good for CC. It is always exciting to have your school or school district on this prestigious list.

I am s little surprised I would add, I can't beleive Lewisville/Flower Mound, Keller, Copell or Southlake didn't have any schools meeting the criteria..

Again, congrats.

Nita

Old 12-20-2010, 08:49 PM

247 posts, read 512,741 times
would Corpus be a good area for my family to move to, Im 37 my wife 35 twin 4 year old girls and a 16 year old son.. we are from Montana, I would like more opportunities for my family especially my wife and my girls, and a place that dont take everything we work for just to live, where we can enjoy life.. and the warm weather would be great as well...

Old 12-21-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil tatro View Post
would Corpus be a good area for my family to move to, Im 37 my wife 35 twin 4 year old girls and a 16 year old son.. we are from Montana, I would like more opportunities for my family especially my wife and my girls, and a place that dont take everything we work for just to live, where we can enjoy life.. and the warm weather would be great as well...
Well, the cost of living tends to be fairly low here, but job opportunities are limited as well. And yes, the warm weather can be great, but it can also be very oppressive in the summer, which lasts from May through October.

Why don't you read through these threads a bit and see what you think? If you come back with some more specific questions maybe you'll get information that will help you make a decision.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:24 PM

484 posts, read 1,416,083 times
great post, Marlow,, there's no profit in over selling Corpus. We do have our drawbacks, ya know,,, like 95 degree summer days instead of like 105 in San Antonio, or 110 in Dallas, Pretty much a constant southwest 10-15 mph cooling summer sea breezes off the gulf everyday, (warms us in the winter), blue skies everyday with sunshine with very little rain, everyday is a good beach day and with outstanding fishing all the time, of course we have the very best Corpus neighbors in Texas,.,,,, damn~!!! ,,, look at it~!!,,, here IT IS,, on the the 25th of Dec (on Christmas day in Corpus Christi, and it's 70 degrees outside, with <60 % humidly, and there's no snow or other bad weather in sight.) It might get down into the 40's next month for awhile for about a week or so in Jan , and maybe even hit the dreaded 30's for a really bad winter for about three days for a really bad winter, and I'll have to root out a warn jacket for a few days and maybe a cup of hot chocolate instead my usual toddy of Tequila... My bad. By the end of Feb we'll be thinking backyard gardens and BBQ's again with fresh tomato salad. I LOVE Christmas in Corpus!!!!!

We need to be telling people what a bad place Corpus is just so we can keep our little island paradise to ourselves and keep the riff-raff Yankees from moving in. I'm willing to share a little but I'd hate to see Corpus turn into a Houston.

Life is just too short for too many other Texans to discover Corpus. God help us if Hollywood ever gets their head out of their ass.

Last edited by jbtx; 12-24-2010 at 08:56 PM..

Old 12-25-2010, 09:48 PM

247 posts, read 512,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
great post, Marlow,, there's no profit in over selling Corpus. We do have our drawbacks, ya know,,, like 95 degree summer days instead of like 105 in San Antonio, or 110 in Dallas, Pretty much a constant southwest 10-15 mph cooling summer sea breezes off the gulf everyday, (warms us in the winter), blue skies everyday with sunshine with very little rain, everyday is a good beach day and with outstanding fishing all the time, of course we have the very best Corpus neighbors in Texas,.,,,, damn~!!! ,,, look at it~!!,,, here IT IS,, on the the 25th of Dec (on Christmas day in Corpus Christi, and it's 70 degrees outside, with <60 % humidly, and there's no snow or other bad weather in sight.) It might get down into the 40's next month for awhile for about a week or so in Jan , and maybe even hit the dreaded 30's for a really bad winter for about three days for a really bad winter, and I'll have to root out a warn jacket for a few days and maybe a cup of hot chocolate instead my usual toddy of Tequila... My bad. By the end of Feb we'll be thinking backyard gardens and BBQ's again with fresh tomato salad. I LOVE Christmas in Corpus!!!!!

We need to be telling people what a bad place Corpus is just so we can keep our little island paradise to ourselves and keep the riff-raff Yankees from moving in. I'm willing to share a little but I'd hate to see Corpus turn into a Houston.

Life is just too short for too many other Texans to discover Corpus. God help us if Hollywood ever gets their head out of their ass.
when i was a kid we lived in Mission and mccallen texas area, believe it or not the first year we had a flood and left, the next year all of the fruit trees froze and killed the fruit etc... my family was transient so we had to leave...Thank you for giving me your opinions of the area... it got up to twenty today in Montana, the warm weather was nice..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or