U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 PM

304 posts, read 1,051,741 times

Advertisements

Our friends who are relocating to the Corpus area inquired about Rockport. We never made it up that way. They are retired so will not be commuting to a job. Do they have an HEB, Walmart and clinics there? Any other info on Rockport would help as well. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2007, 02:40 PM

232 posts, read 946,131 times
I beleive there are 3 HEB's and 3 Wal-marts...and there are clinics...but most of them are in CC.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,760 times
Default Rockport

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeofpace View Post
Our friends who are relocating to the Corpus area inquired about Rockport. We never made it up that way. They are retired so will not be commuting to a job. Do they have an HEB, Walmart and clinics there? Any other info on Rockport would help as well. Thanks

Wal-Mart and HEB and many others

nice town !!!!!!

i would really like living there
need to find job there first

and i am not ready to retire

Old 01-15-2008, 11:34 AM

304 posts, read 1,051,741 times
Default Update

Our friends actually bought a house on the island in Dec. So far they are happy with their new home

Old 01-15-2008, 05:44 PM

219 posts, read 758,866 times
I have lived in Rockport for 20 years ONLY because my wife did not want to move due to her family. We are now moving. I would recommend not moving here. You might think it's nice when you visit as I did. But once you have lived her for a while and you still can't see what is going on it's because you don't want to see or you love to use drugs like our law enforcement and teachers do. Crime is insanely high and corruption is BAD. I posted on Rockport last week on the things that went on. You can find the post. It is titled Rockport...Ugh! I know there are problems with any town but Rockport is out of control.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:01 PM

5,080 posts, read 8,532,091 times
John, have you contacted the State Attorneys office? If you have proof of these crimes taking place and you have failed to report them, you may be as guilty as they are. You keep spouting off about all this corruption and stuff.. if it is true and you have proof, do something about it.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM

Wow. I thought I had your support Muhnay.

This place is very corrupt and most people know it. They just refuse to believe it, are involved in some way or love the fact that they can get access to any drug anywhere and get away with it.

This area in general as been investigated before and is under investigation currently also. But you know how politics are.

I have no reason to lie about this area or any other area. What would I gain? Nothing.

Believe what you wish. That is your right. All I am trying to do is help people. I would hate people to move here and raise their children in which drugs are excepted.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:22 AM

5,080 posts, read 8,532,091 times
You have my support. I never said I did not believe you. I was merely saying that if its that bad and you have proof, do something about it and make the area better.

I have not lived in Rockport, but I have visited it many times.. and liked the place. Many of the people I spoke with there old and young alike said they loved it there and would live no other place. Never did anyone mention the corruption you have.. so either they did not know, its not as bad as you say, or does not effect everyone, only those in the circle. I don't know why any of the people I spoke with would lie or keep info from me either.. so understand I have opinions from you and others in the area, and I have to take all that and form an opinion of my own.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 AM

6,881 posts, read 18,784,302 times
I have good friends that live there. Like any other town, you're going to have good and bad. You will also have people who will see only what they want to due to various circumstances. There is no place that is 100% perfect, and due to Rockport's increasing popularity, they could very well be experiencing some administrative growing pains.

As for my friends, they live in Key Allegro and they love it. They left the DFW area about 5 years ago and never looked back. But then, their livelihood is spent fishing and boating, and they like the small-town feel. We've been down a few times and like the vibe it gives off.

Do all the research you can, visit as many times as possible, and get a good feel for it. Good luck!

Old 01-16-2008, 11:35 AM

I use to own a business that catered towards the people in Key Allegro and I got to know most of them first hand. Not all mind you but most of them. Everyone of them that I knew invited me over to their house to do cocaine. Dead serious. Like I have said before. When I first came here I enjoyed it. Then I became very active in the community and got to know many, many people very well and learned the truth about this town. I guesss some people might not know what is going on but everyone that I have ever met that has lived here and is active in the community sure knows. If anyone wants to know what goes on here you can pm me. That is the only way I will tell you more. My own son's have had to go through some of it. Like my youngest son's bus driver going on a shooting spree at school. For those of you that said it never happened yes it did. There is a mobile home park to the left of the school and houses across the street and everyone home heard the gun shots and people WERE shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi