U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-25-2010, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Corpus Christi
61 posts, read 253,686 times
Reputation: 42

Advertisements

I am wanting to eventually open up a martial arts ministry that both a business that it brings in income, but also a ministry that reaches out to the community by means of having demonstrations, and fund-raising events for the community.

Most of the martial arts schools are in the south side of Corpus Christi, which is also the expensive side as far as leasing a space.

I was looking into the northern side, like Calallen / Tuloso Midway area or even into Portland TX where there is one martial arts school already there.

This would not be right away, as I first need to raise more funds to pay for a building to lease, as well as purchase needed supplies.

Which areas do you think would be a great place to start such a buisness / ministry and for what reasons.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,431 posts, read 16,887,512 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking4JC View Post
I am wanting to eventually open up a martial arts ministry that both a business that it brings in income, but also a ministry that reaches out to the community by means of having demonstrations, and fund-raising events for the community.

Most of the martial arts schools are in the south side of Corpus Christi, which is also the expensive side as far as leasing a space.

I was looking into the northern side, like Calallen / Tuloso Midway area or even into Portland TX where there is one martial arts school already there.

This would not be right away, as I first need to raise more funds to pay for a building to lease, as well as purchase needed supplies.

Which areas do you think would be a great place to start such a buisness / ministry and for what reasons.

Thank you!
what's a martial arts/ministry? Is this a dojo that you want to build to escape taxation? There are too many deadbeat churches in this town already. What's wrong with contributing to the local taxbase?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Corpus Christi
61 posts, read 253,686 times
Reputation: 42
I don't have a problem paying taxes.

It's a business that also does things for the community. Most traditional martial arts schools teach martial arts, and that is it. I want the students to be able to also join together to help around the city / community by applying the characteristics they learn in training not life. For example, many taekwondo schools teach "courtesy, modesty, integrity, perseverance, self-control, and indomitable spirit". However, this system is based on "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, and strength." Students can learn these skills and apply them to their training, which is great. But even better is when you get a group who train together to go and help out the community with fund-raising events using the marital arts talents, to help those less fortunate.

I'm not looking to doing a 503-c or anything like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,431 posts, read 16,887,512 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking4JC View Post
I don't have a problem paying taxes.

It's a business that also does things for the community. Most traditional martial arts schools teach martial arts, and that is it. I want the students to be able to also join together to help around the city / community by applying the characteristics they learn in training not life. For example, many taekwondo schools teach "courtesy, modesty, integrity, perseverance, self-control, and indomitable spirit". However, this system is based on "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, and strength." Students can learn these skills and apply them to their training, which is great. But even better is when you get a group who train together to go and help out the community with fund-raising events using the marital arts talents, to help those less fortunate.

I'm not looking to doing a 503-c or anything like that.
good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2010, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Corpus Christi
61 posts, read 253,686 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
good luck to you.
Thanks.

So, do you have any ideas of locations that would be best, and to why do you think that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2010, 04:11 PM
 
Location: San Antonio Texas
11,431 posts, read 16,887,512 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking4JC View Post
Thanks.

So, do you have any ideas of locations that would be best, and to why do you think that?
unfortunately, I don't. I think that Callallen real estate might be less expensive and might be a fertile area for you to market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top