Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 04:41 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times

Advertisements

RGV, you've really outdone yourself. First, Houston, and now this. Great downtown pics and wonderful palm trees. Keep up the good work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
RGV RGV started this thread

570 posts, read 3,221,534 times
Thx Case, these were actually taken back in July.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:38 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
RGV, does Corpus sorta give you that un-kept feeling? Like it could be the jewel of the Texas coast with some street maintenance, and paint it could be a real gem in the rough. your pictures are always amazing.. I love the steal bridge flanked by two buildings the most.. but again they are all great pictures.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:33 AM

It does give me that feeling, except for Ocean Dr. and Shoreline Blvd and the other neighborhoods around there.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 24,764 times
You make Corpus look good!! Very nice photos indeed You captured the best looking part of CC.

Don't forget to take pictures of the refinery smoke stacks in the distance behind the American Bank Center next time.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:22 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
RGV, does Corpus sorta give you that un-kept feeling? Like it could be the jewel of the Texas coast with some street maintenance, and paint it could be a real gem in the rough. your pictures are always amazing.. I love the steal bridge flanked by two buildings the most.. but again they are all great pictures.
It gives me that same feeling. Even North Padre Island in the last 23 years it has not developed anything NEAR what other coastal areas have even Galveston. I'd even say down Ocean Dr. in Corpus that while it does have some of the really nice older, stately homes there are MANY that are disrepair. Older rundown apartment buildings and motels, etc. It is a shame. I'd LOVE to know the DOM for the listings along Ocean Dr. I have a feeling many are owned by elderly that have lived there for many, many years on a fixed income and just have not had the means nor the desire to "update" much of anything. Between Ocean and Staples and Alameda there are some really nice houses that have been kept up. Over around the USS Lexington and the aquarium they could come in and do a bangup job revitalizing that are to turn it into a true destination getaway.

Over on the island of North Padre I found out there had been some political squabbling and that is one reason it has not flourished and developed. I would hope they would shy away from the huge mega story condo's and keep it nice but with SOME development.

Port A is cool and has a funky kinda jive to it. Just not many good condos to stay at IN Port A and be w/in walking distance of most of the great dining establishments. Or should I say a golf cart drive away?

At least you DID manage to get a picture of the two story Whataburger in the background of one picture. I was wondering when I was finally going to see a pic of the old courthouse. GREAT JOB THOUGH!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
The Old Court House was built by Irishmen.. I have some pictures to add, RGV if I may use your thread to do so.. do you mind?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:05 PM

Go for it.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 AM

493 posts, read 637,101 times
RGV...what is that place with all the kids waiting outside?

Old 04-01-2008, 07:03 AM

That's the American Bank Center (convention/events center)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi