U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 9,471 times

Advertisements

Thanks I will be applying for jobs in San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 04:00 PM

5 posts, read 9,471 times
Our vacation is getting closer, and the kids are getting more excited! We can't wait! Padre Island is a must! The Alamo, of course...can you please fill me in on some good places to stay?

Old 02-11-2011, 02:07 AM

1,795 posts, read 2,669,137 times
I've heard the Hotel Valencia by the riverwalk is nice, there are several others like the Aloft by the airport, and of course the big Hyatt Downtown just to name a few...

http://www.grandsanantonio.hyatt.com...tels/index.jsp
San Antonio Hotels - Aloft San Antonio Airport Hotel
San Antonio Hotel: Hotel Valencia Riverwalk,an Upscale San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel

Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM

16,760 posts, read 42,398,782 times
Several good places in Port Aransas & North Padre Island are named here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/corpu...le-hotels.html

San Antonio - near the Alamo: Map of nearby attractions http://mengerhotel.com/content/00/01/33/80/16/userimages/Menger_Hotel_SA_Downtown_Map_2008.pdf (broken link)

For hotels near the Alamo I recommend you use http://www.expedia.com and search for "San Antonio hotel near Alamo", it will show you the various places available and what the costs are. They often have internet only deals with lower prices then you can get by calling the hotel.

The Menger Hotel in San Antonio is across the street, south of the Alamo and 2 short blocks east of the Riverwalk, it is a historic hotel originally built in 1859. It might be too expensive but you could always just stop in for a drink or snack.

Menger Hotel: The Menger History (http://mengerhotel.com/page/ntm5/The_Menger_History.html - broken link)

Quote:
The Menger Hotel was constructed in 1859 under the direction of owner William A. Menger and architect John Fries. The original two-story building (pictured) occupies a prominent location in downtown San Antonio, only 100 yards from the site of the Alamo. It is the Menger that has housed personalities such as Theodore Roosevelt (pictured), Sidney Lanier, Babe Ruth, Mae West, Robert E. Lee, Ulysses S. Grant, Sarah Bernhardt, and Gutzon Borglum, just to name a few.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:48 PM

135 posts, read 444,039 times
San Antonio is a big city when compared to CC, but I think SA is way overrated. dont get me wrong i like san antonio, lots to do, but i will take CC with its natural beauty anyday. people always complain on how slow the growth is in CC, but i am glad it has never grown to be too big for its own good....kinda like austin. i love the laid back lifestyle of CC, and given a choice between the riverwalk or the bay...no brainer there. i like the fact that i can travel to the Island and not have to worry about traffic, even if i decide to take ocean drive all the way to Ennis Joslin and grab SPID and take in all the beautiful scenery on the way there. its just part of the experience. take the plunge, i promise you wont disappointed in the simple and laid back lifestyle you will have in CC....and drug use in CC is no different than anywhere else in the US, just to point that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi