Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2011, 01:18 PM

32 posts, read 82,928 times

Advertisements

My husband took a job in CC last month and he has been living with his sister until we can get everything tied up here in GA. We will be renting a home until we can get a real feel for the city. Any suggestions??? We have a little one, so we want a safe area for the family. Are alot of the homes for rent by owner? I didn't see that many on MLS.

Any info greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 08:34 PM

484 posts, read 1,631,647 times
Much will depend on where in CC your husband is employed,,, you need to give us a clue... Although the commute to just about anywhere in CC is under 45 minutes

If he's military that's one choice, if he's in the chemical refinery business, working at the port,,, etc., there's another. A location within the city would be even better.

There are several good solid neighborhoods to choose from,,, i.e. in the north there's Annaville, CalAllen and 5 points, in the middle there's Tuluso-Midway, to the southwest there's Flour Bluff,,, All good choices.

Unfortunately rentals seen to be mostly by owner, you'd just have to drive the neighborhood and check for the "For Lease" signs posted in the yards. I doubt you are going to find a "month-to-month" rental on a house, most will want a committed lease period. Month-to-month will be more for apartments, not houses. The local paper might have a few ads, you might check out the "Caller Times" want ads, but you might find yourself in shady neighborhoods going that route.

Good luck to you but I'm sure your going to love living in CC.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 AM

32 posts, read 82,928 times
I think his office is near holly and crosstown expwy. I looked on the caller website but like you said, you can't really tell where they are located. Also, we are willing to do a 6 or 12 mos lease. We aren't interested in living in an apartment. I am looking forward to getting there are getting settled but we need to find a place to live first.

I appreciate your advice!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi