U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 PM

11,431 posts, read 16,884,138 times

Advertisements

I just read that BF has assets of over $20M, one of only 5 in the House. He doesn't seem to be very charismatic or able to talk very well. He is not physically attractive and is in fact missing a few teeth. He reminds me of the Grimace from McDonalds commercials. Did he simply inherit the $$?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 10:23 AM

484 posts, read 1,413,342 times
I seem to recall BF ran an IT company in CC, I could be mistaken, but I know he was a regular guest on a conservative talk radio program with Jim Lagos in CC. He did this for years and cultivated a base while doing it. Where his money came from is not known to me.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:55 AM

15,246 posts, read 17,404,178 times
It's old family money. He also has a law degree but I don't think he made any real money with it.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:21 PM

16,760 posts, read 42,346,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I just read that BF has assets of over $20M, one of only 5 in the House. He doesn't seem to be very charismatic or able to talk very well. He is not physically attractive and is in fact missing a few teeth. He reminds me of the Grimace from McDonalds commercials. Did he simply inherit the $$?
Let me google that for you

Quote:
Farenthold's pre-political career includes working as a radio disc jockey in high school and college, seven years of practicing law at the Kleberg Law Firm in Corpus Christi and founding Farenthold Consulting LLC, a computer consulting and web design firm.

Farenthold co-hosted Lago in the Morning, a conservative talk radio program, until he began his political campaign.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 AM

No offense, but that google information does not begin to tell the story of how Blake got his money. If you want to know something about the Farenthold's, do some research about Blake's step-grandmother, Frances Tarlton Farenthold, aka "Sissy" and her father, whose name I don't recall right away. The Tarlton Law Library at U.T. is named for her father and they don't name those buildings after you for just being a good person. Incidentally, Sissy Farenthold is an old-time, old-school liberal and I've often wondered what she thinks of Blake's politics. Also, a wikipedia article will not tell you nearly enough about her.

You can also try to find info on Annie Blake Morgan Farenthold Head, Blake's grandmother. Also, check out his great-grandfather, Rand Morgan, who also made a bunch of money in the farming, ranching and oil business in S. Texas.

Then, if you want to read about the dark side of the family, look up info on Randy Farenthold, Blake's father, who was murdered execution style after getting too close to an organized crime/gambling business. IIRC, there was an in-depth article in an old Texas Monthly (perhaps available online). The suspected murderer was sentenced to 16 years but released after six. He himself was murdered several years later on the anniversary of Randy's death, in what has been rumored to have been more than a coincidence.

Blake has been independently wealthy since birth. While he did work for the Kleberg and Head law firm, Hayden Head, Sr. was a partner in that firm and was Blake's stepfather. By all accounts a good man, Hayden Head, Sr. was very wealthy and very politically powerful. The CC airport is named after him and he was widely known for his philanthropy. I'm sure he contributed to Blake's wealth as well.

Blake has never had to work a day in his life, and yet working people elected him to represent them in Congress. I'll never understand it.

Last edited by Marlow; 06-01-2011 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-02-2011, 03:00 PM

11,431 posts, read 16,884,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
No offense, but that google information does not begin to tell the story of how Blake got his money. If you want to know something about the Farenthold's, do some research about Blake's step-grandmother, Frances Tarlton Farenthold, aka "Sissy" and her father, whose name I don't recall right away. The Tarlton Law Library at U.T. is named for her father and they don't name those buildings after you for just being a good person. Incidentally, Sissy Farenthold is an old-time, old-school liberal and I've often wondered what she thinks of Blake's politics. Also, a wikipedia article will not tell you nearly enough about her.

You can also try to find info on Annie Blake Morgan Farenthold Head, Blake's grandmother. Also, check out his great-grandfather, Rand Morgan, who also made a bunch of money in the farming, ranching and oil business in S. Texas.

Then, if you want to read about the dark side of the family, look up info on Randy Farenthold, Blake's father, who was murdered execution style after getting too close to an organized crime/gambling business. IIRC, there was an in-depth article in an old Texas Monthly (perhaps available online). The suspected murderer was sentenced to 16 years but released after six. He himself was murdered several years later on the anniversary of Randy's death, in what has been rumored to have been more than a coincidence.

Blake has been independently wealthy since birth. While he did work for the Kleberg and Head law firm, Hayden Head, Sr. was a partner in that firm and was Blake's stepfather. By all accounts a good man, Hayden Head, Sr. was very wealthy and very politically powerful. The CC airport is named after him and he was widely known for his philanthropy. I'm sure he contributed to Blake's wealth as well.

Blake has never had to work a day in his life, and yet working people elected him to represent them in Congress. I'll never understand it.
I don't live in CC anymore, but I visit frequently and follow the news when I do come to town. I happened to catch the debate between Solomon Ortiz and Blake Farenthold. I thought that BOTH of them were horrible speakers and bad at getting their points across. But 2010 was a a horrendous year for Dem incumbents and Ortiz' voters did not turn out as they did in years past, so Blake won. I was surprised that CC couldn't have better candidates for the Seat.
I remember the 1972 Gov race and hearing about Sissy Farenthold, Ramsey Muniz, Dolph Briscoe. I was only 9 years old at the time though. Sissy F was a firebrand in her day. We could use someone like her now.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:23 PM

I got something wrong in my post. Hayden Head, Sr. was Blake's step-grandfather, not his step-father. Sorry.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 5,475 times
Default Where did Blake Farenthold's money come from?

Blake Farenthold inherited his fortune from his father, Randolph Farenthold, who inherited the fortune from Rand Morgan's daughter, Annie Blake Morgan Farenthold Head. Blake, whose full name is Randolph Blake Farenthold, was my step-son for the 4 years I was married to his mother, 1974-1978: Mary Sue Ogg Farenthold Middleton Allred Wisdom. I was "husband #3," and I'm the only one of those seniors still alive today. Mary Sue died unexpectedly in January of 2014, but she was always a good friend to me. Blake's sister, Sue Cleveland Farenthold has overcome many difficulties and is a charming lady and a good friend to me today.

Old 10-05-2015, 03:23 PM

535 posts, read 571,433 times
Default To SamAllred ...

... Sammy - If you're th' same guy who "occupied" Austin Radio stations for so many years - WELCOME and HOWDY to ya!
I still play all my Geezinslaws' albums - IF for no other reason than to tick-off the (c)rappers who live behind me ... Some GREAT Music on those ol' records, man!
Thanks, SamAllred! ... TC

Old 10-11-2015, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 5,317 times
I personally knew the Very Honorable Sissy Farenthold: an inspiration, an extremely intelligent and caring woman. The Rep. Blake Farenthold is a disgrace to anyone who truly thinks or cares about our country. I am sure his "step-grandmother" dislikes his actions. She is so different from his fat, ugly soul, I just can't understand how he can be so sexist, calloused and racist and know someone like her.

Of course, "the media" runs to quote him as if he were knowledgeable. I get so sick of these so-called "tea-party men" who, I think, are mentally sick, mean and do not want our country to live up to its ideals. They disguise their meanness by gobbley-goop words that truly hurt people. Their policies are racist and awful to the working poor.

I can't say enough revealing things about the "Representative" who has never worked for his living and who mistreats his staff, but I wish the Texas voters in his district would wake up. But then, they are probably all white, rich and selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or