U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 02:23 PM

42 posts, read 131,777 times

Advertisements

Moving to CC in less than two weeks.. anyone have an recommendations for apartment complexes?? in good areas, not too expensive or all bills paid... looking for a safe quiet place to live, its just me, my husband and two small dogs.. He will be working on the naval air station so where there are a lot of military is good with us also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 PM

16,760 posts, read 42,354,458 times
Flour Bluff and the areas around the NAS are good areas. As well as those neighborhoods on the West side of Oso Bay. The rougher parts of the are are quite a way up NW closer to the old downtown Corpus. This https://www.crimereports.com/ website is recommended by the Corpus Christi police department to view crime reports in the community.

Check out PadMapper Apartment Search to show you apartments on the map, you can set filters for prices and size.

Last edited by CptnRn; 07-31-2011 at 03:10 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 07:02 AM

thanks! just wanted to make sure I made appointments to see apartments in the better areas, don't want to get down there and drive into the ghetto by accident & waste our time, we only have a few days to find a place & move in! *bangs head on wall*

Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 AM

136 posts, read 304,757 times
I'm currently at The Shores. My 1br which was ab 600ish sq foot rented for $650/mo with a covered parking spot. It was also in a newer building that was more modern and had a LOT of impact on my utility bills. They are located on Ennis Joslin ~ 3 minutes from the base and the university.

My time here has been good and although it was a bit pricey, I felt that I recouped some of that in the utility bill. Maintainence wise, it was about the best place I had ever lived. The AC went on the fritz about three months after I moved in and within a day they had a whole new unit installed. Since then I've made no calls other than AC filters and light bulbs etc. I would check them out as they are not in Flour Bluff but probably one of the closest complexes to the base. Also, definitely not ghetto and not as pricey as Baypoint or the new Camden property. Just google it and you will see the proxmity to the base. It's also about half a mile from the highway so it's easy access to get other places in town.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:14 PM

shores is actually on my list to call / visit! if they have any apts available.. we pay $750 for our 3bdrm house + all utilities, so it ends up about $1100/mo... really hoping to save a lot with an apartment when we move to tx only killer on moving is gonna be our pet deposit! oh well... we lived in a one bedroom over a 3car garage back in MA. so won't be too much of a change

do you do all utilities included?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:54 PM

136 posts, read 304,757 times
Utilities are not included but your bill for trash/water would be about 25-30/month. That's payable to the apts along with rent. I've only had it get above 30 maybe twice in a year. Other times it would hover around 22-25.

As I said previously, electricity is where you will see a benefit if you get one of the newer units. I haven't had a bill over $80 yet, and thats in one of the hottest, driest summers in the state's history. I keep my A/C on 81 when away (8-5 job) and it will usually be down to about 76 within an hour easily. I also have home theatre equip, gaming computer etc, so I am certainly drawing the power --- yet it stays pretty cheap. Just make sure that when you shop for a provider you try to get the lowest rate (we are deregulated). I believe my rate is around .011/kwh. You can usually get that lower by signing a year long contract.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 PM

999 posts, read 1,457,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no cigar View Post
Utilities are not included but your bill for trash/water would be about 25-30/month. That's payable to the apts along with rent. I've only had it get above 30 maybe twice in a year. Other times it would hover around 22-25.

As I said previously, electricity is where you will see a benefit if you get one of the newer units. I haven't had a bill over $80 yet, and thats in one of the hottest, driest summers in the state's history. I keep my A/C on 81 when away (8-5 job) and it will usually be down to about 76 within an hour easily. I also have home theatre equip, gaming computer etc, so I am certainly drawing the power --- yet it stays pretty cheap. Just make sure that when you shop for a provider you try to get the lowest rate (we are deregulated). I believe my rate is around .011/kwh. You can usually get that lower by signing a year long contract.
How do you know which electric company to choose?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:00 PM

1,050 posts, read 572,237 times
We subscribe w/ Stream, very good rates. You just call the companies and check their charges per kilowatt. You may have success using the Internet to check on providers. Don't know if you could choose whichever company you'd like if you live in an apt though.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,705,152 times
The areas around NAS are terrible. Stay South of SPID if you just need to live in the Bluff. Anywhere north is rampant with methamphetamine, (along with its tweakers), and transients. The "nicest" apartments in the Bluff itself are Bay Club or The Wharf, which isn't really that nice.

Apartments off of Ennis Joslin are nice, but are expensive. Sugar Tree or Harbor Landing aren't bad and are priced ok. Baypoint and Camden South Bay are really nice, but cost a pretty penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi