U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 07:22 PM

3,494 posts, read 13,311,692 times

Advertisements

stagnant is an understatement. it is NON EXISTENT as far as i have experienced! but hey, if the OP aint interested in ever having a romantic relationship, getting remarried etc, or dating casually, she might be satisfied. from the newcomers that i have met around here, after the "newness" of the area wears off, there is very little to keep them here. think about it...the pay is higher here than probably most any area/region of Texas for RN's, but every hospital in the greater Corpus Christi area is suffering critical shortages, and very few out of state folks taking the "bait" of large sign on bonuses (i was one of the very few "fools" who sold my soul, but i was under the impression that Texas is Texas-HA! boy was i wrong). i can almost say that Savannah GA offered a better quality of life, and i HATED Georgia and couldnt wait to get back to Texas. i am thankful to be back in Texas before my TX DL expired-because my Texas pride wouldnt allow me to get a GA DL-but i wish i had not taken this little "detour". i look forward to moving to the Texas that I am familiar with-the areas of Texas that are quintessential Texas....the things we romanticize about when we have visions of Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonkid View Post
I am 32 and lived in Corpus from 5yo to 24yo, it is not a place for single people. It is a large small town if you will. You can go on a date and eventually you and your date will find someone you both know. It has always been that way there. The dating pool is stagnent there. I moved to Houston and the options were endless
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,300 times
I am thinking of taking a job in CC. I am an occuptional therapist. Can you private messageme as aI have afew questions related to a previous post.

Thanks Kathe
aka ukblonde

Old 05-20-2007, 05:56 PM

321 posts, read 1,357,983 times
Putting your info into Yetti's Tx city compatability computer... I came out with the following list.... Austin, Corpus, Galveston, Victoria, and San Antone. Hope this helps! What is SWF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian View Post
Hello!! I am a SWF, divorced two years, I currently live in TN. I have come to loathe this GodForsakenHellhole and am looking to relocate...............start over.........find a new beginning. I have been researching different areas, states, cities using criteria such as housing affordability, safety, job outlook, taxes, government, growth potential. I like the South, I love the West, the Eastern and Northern states were not a consideration. I prefer a small to mid-size city, but will consider a large metropolitan area.

Maybe I am wrong or interpreting the data incorrectly, but it seems as though a lot of Texas cities might be a well-kept secret, they kept popping up in a lot of my searches. I didn't even consider Texas until I was forced to really look at this data and I realized the Lone Star State might very well be the place for me!

I have narrowed my search to the following cities:

Arlington/Fort Worth
Austin
Baytown/Pasadena
Beaumont/Port Arthur
Corpus Christi/Portland
Galveston/Texas City*
El Paso?
Killeen/Temple
Longview
San Angelo
San Antonio
Tyler
Victoria

there are a couple of other cities, but the above seem to interest me the most. I am in my 40's, have a college degree, 15 years in healthcare field, job longevity/stability..........so I don't worry to much about finding employment. I want to find the right city, near the beach, home comparable to the one I own (your real estate seems quite affordable), decent job.

What can you tell me about Texas? I just might become a CowGirl.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:22 PM

15,247 posts, read 17,799,283 times
I live in CC and have posted on here about CC in recent months--mostly in answer to questions like yours. If you search for recent Corpus Christi posts you'll turn up a lot of information, or at least a lot of my opinions on CC-related stuff. I'd be happy to answer any additional questions you have, either here or via PM.

In a nutshell, I think CC is a pretty good place to live. The single 30- and 40-ish women I know seem to have fairly active social lives. I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,430 times
Victoria is a great town, however the main complaints i have heard are nothing to do and no social life. it deserves further researching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi