Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 12:20 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,151 times

Advertisements

The lady and I have a very rare day off tomorrow. I want to drive down and spend the day in Corpus.

I would like to take her to the Lexington and eat someplace wonderful and local.

Please recommend a place to dine and maybe a little bit as to why? A reasonable sea food place would be nice. Not looking for the overpriced tourist place.

Also, if you were going to Corpus for just a day, what is something else we should do/see? Something interesting? a local hot spot coffee house maybe? A short tour boat service to see the bay?

I appreciate it and in return will spend some money while I am in your fine town!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 05:10 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Whenever my wife and I visit the area, usually at least once a year, we go have shrimp at Snoopy's Pier It is just on the East side of the JFK Causeway Bridge, they have indoor or outdoor seating and a large deck for dining on the edge of the inter-coastal waterway, so you can watch boats go by as you dine. It is possible to drive one's boat up to the dock and tie up while dining.

Prices are reasonable ($4-$14) and it comes has a nice coastal atmosphere. The shrimp is excellent, some of the best in the area. I was disappointed in the mahi-mahi last time I tried it.

Corpus has a pretty good aquarium near the Lexington, and an Art Museum if you want to get in out of the heat. I have not yet visited the later, it is on my list.

There is a bay tour here: Yachting Center of Corpus Christi

Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 AM

136 posts, read 336,900 times
If you want non-tourist trap, your best bet is to include Rockport-Fulton on your agenda. Specifically, Charlotte Plummers restaurant. The atmosphere is cozy and they have big bay windows looking out to the harbor that gives it a real maritime feel.

The food is amazing. They have most local and imported varieties of fresh fish and also have more traditional courses like the fried stuff (even catfish). Their salad bar is one of the best and most fresh I have ever encountered. Combined with the included torilla soup, you could almost just eat the soup-salad bar. My girlfriend loves the fried shrimp and even she is extremely picky when it comes to that. I prefer the fresh fish or amberjack vera cruz. Just a caution though, the fresh fish is all at market price so it could run upwards of $20/plate, but that's to be expected. Well worth it.

After dining you can always walk around the harbor area. It's a pretty plesant place to walk off your food or even stroll into the gift shop across from the restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi