U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,142 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!
So my dad is getting relocated to Corpus from Beaumont and our family of 5 is, of course, relocating with him
So, my question is obviously, what are the "good" areas? I've read a lot of forums where people have stated everything is bad. As with all cities, I'm sure there are places that are not so good and a good side. We've been looking at houses and they have been categorized into 'north', 'central' and 'south' side as well as places on Flour Bluff. I've read to avoid the North side, but I can't seem to find anything on Flour Bluff. The rentals seem relatively cheap in comparison, so I was wondering if there was something 'wrong' with the area or if there is a difference between north and south Flour Bluff as well. Apartments, condos and townhouses are out of the question, so if anyone has any suggestions of where to look for decent rental homes (3+ bedrooms that won't break the bank), that would be greatly appreciated!
None of us have ever been to Corpus. In fact, we all moved to Texas a year and a half ago from Ohio, so any input, stories and experience is really helpful! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,128 times
We live in North Corpus Christi. What is known as the Annaville area. We love it. Teh area just north of us is called Calallen, it is very good as well. There is virtually no traffic compared to the South side or Flour Bluff area. I work in downtown, 15 miles from home, and am at work in 18 minutes. The downfall is, you have to drive to the South side for the mall and most shopping, but unless you are shopping for mall items or specific stores (Best Buy, Conn's, Cavendar's, Academy, etc.) the northside has everything. Walmart and HEB are near within 2 miles of my house. Also, Tuloso-Midway and Calallen Schools are execellent.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 AM

16,760 posts, read 42,367,969 times
Portland, on the north side of the bay is highly recommended as a good family area.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 PM
SOM

124 posts, read 428,645 times
My favorite part of town is the area between Ocean Drive and Staples. Not all neighborhoods in this area are nice (you can tell by just driving around).

I like this area because:

- Close to the water....if you're gonna live in Corus Christi, see the water often!
- Close to downtown
- Established neighborhoods with interesting houses and mature trees
- No traffic
- Did I mention it's close to the water?

Flour Bluff is a mixed bag as well, some nice areas and some really funky areas. The schools are surprisingly good. Flour Bluff is on the way to Padre Island, which is a big plus if you plan on going to the beach a lot. Although, it's a pretty short / easy drive from just about anywhere in CC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi