U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 12:16 PM

18 posts, read 32,548 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are thinking of a visit next November / December, what can we expect for weather? We will be in a travel trailer. We would like to spend a week at Malaquite state park and then Mustang Island state park and then find a place to stay near Rock Port or the Aransas pass area. We have been watching the weather and this year seems like you are getting alot of rain? Is that normal for this time of year? As like everyone else from the North, we are looking for warm weather, we just had 25 inches of snow yesterday! Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 03:20 PM

15,246 posts, read 17,452,454 times
We're definitely not getting a lot of rain. It's drizzled a bit, but we're actually in the middle of a record-setting drought. From now til February you can expect temperatures in the 40's-60's, with maybe an occasional freeze and/or an occasionally really war day (70's-80's). Seven years ago it snowed on Christmas eve, but that was extremely rare. Last year we had what for us was a hard freeze for a couple of days with ice on everything.

I don't think it will be at all crowded if you stay at Malaquite (National Seashore) and Mustang Island State Park. You should check them both out first because the scenery will basically be the same--they're only about 15 miles (I'm guessing) apart, but the amenities are different. You may prefer one over the other. It probably won't be warm enough to get in the water (at least not to me) but we'll most likely have some beautiful crisp sunny days. If we get an "Arctic Front" though it'll be really cold and extremely windy. You'll just have to hole up in your trailer til the wind stops blowing.

When you go to the Rockport/Port Aransas area you'll see lots of Winter Texans in their travel trailers.

Hope this is helpful and hope you have a wonderful time!

Old 12-23-2011, 03:21 PM

15,246 posts, read 17,452,454 times
Sorry--I just saw that you're planning a trip for NEXT November/December. Hopefully we'll be getting rain by then and the temps will be a bit warmer than I described.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:05 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,606,950 times
Just like alot of Texas, wintertime is a rather changeable time of year here, but considerably more modified than the northern part of the state. Daytime temps average in the 60s at this time of year, but can range from drizzly/chilly upper 40s and 50s, to the warmer 70s and 80s.

I wouldn't necessarily say wintertime is more wetter than other times of year, but with the strom track being further south, it can add a few more days of wet weather. November is an ideal time of year here, as daytime temps are much more tolerable than summer. I would recommend that is when you come here to visit, although winter time here is overall quite mild.

Ian

Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,715,393 times
Corpus Christi has had some of the best Thanksgiving time weather in the Nation the last few years. I guarantee it! 50s and 60s for highs with clear skies and 30s and 40s for the lows.

That is late spring to yall up north, isn't it?

Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 PM

19 posts, read 47,398 times
I often wear my favorite tank top underneath my favorite winter coat during the winters here. Whenever I'm asked by someone how they should dress when they visit for the holidays, I advise them to just bring jeans, shirts you would wear in 80 degree weather, and a heavy coat.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:04 AM

484 posts, read 1,416,615 times
Yeah,,, winter in CC was especially tough this year, I actually had to wear socks twice.

I can sympathize with Denverites in winter, I lived in the Denver area for 13 years and every winter I'd get fed up with the cold and snow by Jan 15th, that was when I'd break out and head south to warmer weather on the gulf coast. Corpus was a favorite destination and I ultimately moved here because I could get a job in this town, my other choice destination was the FL keys for the fishing, but there were no industry or jobs there.

The joke I tell about that move was that I tied a snow shovel to the roof of my pickup and when I got far enough south some one asked me WTF is that thing on your truck? I knew I'd finally reached a snow free zone if they didn't know what a snow shovel looked like. The rest is history.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:21 PM

42 posts, read 132,186 times
I moved here from Boston.... went to beach on thanksgiving day (85 & sunny).. November was about 70s with a couple 85+ days thrown in, mostly sunny.. dec had some coolish cloudy days, not cold or even too too rainy.. my family came to visit in Nov from Boston... brought summer clothes & sweatshirts for when it was "cold"

...pretty sure I still have an ice scraper in my trunk... HAHAHA

Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 AM

8,578 posts, read 6,186,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marini_mare View Post
I moved here from Boston.... went to beach on thanksgiving day (85 & sunny).. November was about 70s with a couple 85+ days thrown in, mostly sunny.. dec had some coolish cloudy days, not cold or even too too rainy.. my family came to visit in Nov from Boston... brought summer clothes & sweatshirts for when it was "cold"

...pretty sure I still have an ice scraper in my trunk... HAHAHA
Depending on what type of scraper it is, they are great for shaping sand castles on the beach!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi