U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,602,694 times

Advertisements

I saw a thread similar to this one on the San Antonio forum, and thought it was a neat idea!

Post the last restaurant you ate at. You can put a few comments about the place if you want.

Yesterday, we ate at Cracker Barrel along the access road between Weber and Everhart, off of SPID.

Good food. Decent prices. Pretty fast service (4 meals delivered to our table within 20 minutes!). We ate there in the evening, and they serve breakfast all day, along with their evening foods. I ate the Grandpa Breakfast (2 eggs, grits, hashbrown casserole, country fried steak, biscuits/gravy). It actually wasn't too busy, although the cashier was having problems when we were trying to pay out (the waitstaff doesn't take the money like other restaurants).

It has a neat little store on the side (typical with all Cracker Barrel restaurants). My kids loved looking at all the toys and overpriced trinkets when we were leaving.

Ian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 04:10 PM

16,760 posts, read 42,386,398 times
Charlotte Plummer Seafare Restaurant Dining on the water at Charlotte Plummers in Fulton, Texas.

They have a great salad bar, tortilla soup and fresh shrimp. Dining rooms have a view over the shrimp boats in Fulton Harbor.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:52 PM

11,431 posts, read 16,901,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
I saw a thread similar to this one on the San Antonio forum, and thought it was a neat idea!

Post the last restaurant you ate at. You can put a few comments about the place if you want.

Yesterday, we ate at Cracker Barrel along the access road between Weber and Everhart, off of SPID.

Good food. Decent prices. Pretty fast service (4 meals delivered to our table within 20 minutes!). We ate there in the evening, and they serve breakfast all day, along with their evening foods. I ate the Grandpa Breakfast (2 eggs, grits, hashbrown casserole, country fried steak, biscuits/gravy). It actually wasn't too busy, although the cashier was having problems when we were trying to pay out (the waitstaff doesn't take the money like other restaurants).

It has a neat little store on the side (typical with all Cracker Barrel restaurants). My kids loved looking at all the toys and overpriced trinkets when we were leaving.

Ian
My mother & I just got back from Panjos Pizza, a place that we used to enjoy back in the old days (and I mean "old" days) when . The wait was long, but enjoyable and the pizza was very good.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:00 PM

2,067 posts, read 5,415,060 times
I have only visited CC, and am hoping to move there. The last thing I ate there was a pizza from Panjo's and although I liked the atmosphere, and the staff was friendly, I found the pizza to be just average.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:44 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,602,694 times
Yesterday evening, I ate at Bill Millers BBQ in the 5 Points area (off of I-69/Hwy 77 in the Calallen area). I have eaten there several times in the past. Love trying to get their "specials" as they are about to close the restaurant... you can usually get a pretty good deal!!!

Ian

Old 01-09-2012, 03:32 PM

19 posts, read 47,367 times
The Tango Tea Room on Water Street. It's a vegan place and it's uh, very vegan in there, though there are dishes with real meat.

I took a chance on the chicken salad sandwich, and it was the best damn chicken salad sandwich I ever had. It's like they knew how I liked it better than I did. We also had some kind of mango coconut tea (I forget the name) and it was excellent.

Their food is best for those looking for a nice light lunch. I would also recommend it to any tea fan!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 PM

26 posts, read 47,379 times
Katz 21, my favorite restaurant in Corpus! Pricey, but I like the classy, low key vibe and the steaks are wonderful, well seasoned and cooked right. Their desserts are delicious as well. The cheesecake slice is massive and the best I've ever had.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 AM

15,246 posts, read 17,428,573 times
Russo's at Staples and Saratoga. Not very impressive--high prices for very average Italian food. Give me Luciano's at 6 Points any time.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:36 PM

17,031 posts, read 27,555,651 times
Water Street Grille, had a good gumbo and fish o' the day.

Old 01-13-2012, 03:07 PM

15,246 posts, read 17,428,573 times
Had lunch at Hester's in the Art Museum today. Yummy food, beautiful setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi