Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 AM

22 posts, read 37,585 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Have a job offer in Beeville. We are a family of 7 with 2 special needs children. Where are good areas to look for housing. Schools are very important.
What is life like in the area? Are people friendly to new comers? We have heard a bit of a mixed review...
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
I don't know much about Beeville, but here are some other threads and links that might help. It is a small enough place that one should be able to drive around town and see what the neighborhoods look like. Those that look more affluent usually have the best schools.

Sort of a visit there, you can go to goggle maps and zoom down into the street level view to see what the place looks like. When I did that it looked like the NE part of town was the nicest, more trees, landscaping, better maintained houses, a few swimming pools, etc. Withing walking distance of Thomas Jefferson Elementary School and Jones High School. Beeville, TX - Google Maps

//www.city-data.com/forum/corpu...-anything.html

//www.city-data.com/city/Beeville-Texas.html

Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,011,264 times
I have been through Beeville a few times (its about 50 something miles northwest of where I live). Its a cute little town. They have a large prison nearby, and the largest Walmart in the area! Its pretty centrally located here in the Coastal Bend.

As far as your other questions go, hopefully someone here will chime in with more info. Anyhow, welcome to the area!

Ian

Old 01-28-2012, 08:01 AM

Thank you for the information and the welcome.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,447 times
My husband and I moved here from Dallas around 6 years ago and we are happy here. Yes, the landscape takes getting used to but we are happy. We started our family down here. As far as Public schools, I hear Skidmore has a great school and teachers. I know there is a great homeschool group in Beeville as well. They take field trips and your kids can still play sports if they want to. Beeville has a lot of Churches in the area as well. What I like about this town is there is a college ( Coastal Bend College). The college even has a great track if you are interested in jogging. What my son likes about Beeville is the number of parks. There are quite a bit of parks but we tend to go to one inparticular. Beeville is approximately an hour from Corpus Christi and 2 hours from San Antonio. I hope this helps someone and good luck!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
It's a long commute, but the schools in Flour Bluff in Corpus are well regarded. Smaller towns may not be able to accomodate special needs as easily. You'll find South Texas very friendly.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 PM

Thank you! DH will be there this weekend so things are starting to move quickly.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's a long commute, but the schools in Flour Bluff in Corpus are well regarded. Smaller towns may not be able to accomodate special needs as easily. You'll find South Texas very friendly.
Long commute is right! That's about 75 miles one way. I think I'd call the Beeville School District to find out what they provide in the way of accommodations (I might have spelled that wrong) for your special needs children.
BEEVILLE ISD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi