U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM

6 posts, read 10,674 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Indiana, heard tons about corpus how great it was and the beaches and everything..........never thought I would be here.

We got married and his job transferred us down here due to an emergency.

I NEVER WANT TO BE HERE AGAIN AND CAN'T WAIT TO MOVE OUT!!!

1. It's filthy and I truly mean filthy. We live 1 block from the bay and walk around at night. The bay has garbage and I mean bottles, bags, everything in it. It's sad considering wild life goes down there.

2. CRIME, and don't give me there is crime every where bs. Granted this is better then LA, where we used to live at one point, but it's gonna get that bad.

3. SCHOOL SYSTEM SUCKS, man when I went to school back up north well they actually scared. Now I don't have children but keep up with what is happening and it's just pitiful.

4. IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE THEN IT IS UP NORTH TO LIVE HERE.

5. People need to really get a hold of this palm tree epidemic. Palm trees everywhere this and that........have you ever heard of the word roach or another name palmetto bug? Those things love to live in them and they wonder why everyone has them in their houses? Thank god we keep ours clean with boric acid in dark damp places.

6.Streets are in terrible damaging shape and the city doesn't want to do anything about it or at least at a better pace. My alignment in my car has been out of wack, thank god I can get it realigned.

7. Somebody needs to put the homeless out on the edge of town......it looks like the area around leopard street was a nice place well at one time until the homeless came in. NOW IT'S CRAP. Thank God I don't drive around there much anymore unless I have to.

There are a lot of cities that have put the homeless shelters on the outside of town and we need to too.

I understand they need jobs just like all of us but the shelters can give them passes and tokens for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,705,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCity View Post
I grew up in Indiana, heard tons about corpus how great it was and the beaches and everything..........never thought I would be here.

1. It's filthy and I truly mean filthy. We live 1 block from the bay and walk around at night. The bay has garbage and I mean bottles, bags, everything in it. It's sad considering wild life goes down there.

2. CRIME, and don't give me there is crime every where bs. Granted this is better then LA, where we used to live at one point, but it's gonna get that bad.

3. SCHOOL SYSTEM SUCKS, man when I went to school back up north well they actually scared. Now I don't have children but keep up with what is happening and it's just pitiful.

5. People need to really get a hold of this palm tree epidemic. Palm trees everywhere this and that........have you ever heard of the word roach or another name palmetto bug? Those things love to live in them and they wonder why everyone has them in their houses? Thank god we keep ours clean with boric acid in dark damp places.

6.Streets are in terrible damaging shape and the city doesn't want to do anything about it or at least at a better pace. My alignment in my car has been out of wack, thank god I can get it realigned.

7. Somebody needs to put the homeless out on the edge of town......it looks like the area around leopard street was a nice place well at one time until the homeless came in. NOW IT'S CRAP. Thank God I don't drive around there much anymore unless I have to.

There are a lot of cities that have put the homeless shelters on the outside of town and we need to too.

I understand they need jobs just like all of us but the shelters can give them passes and tokens for this.
1. You are HIGHLY over exaggerating about the filth in the bay. Only dirty places in this city are in the hoods on the West side and North side, (what a shocker).

2. There's crime in this city??? PLEASE... Go to any other city this size or smaller/larger and learn a few things about real crime.

3. CCISD and West Oso ISD are pretty bad. Calallen, Flour Bluff, Tuloso, Portland, London, and other ISD's around the area are great.

4. I have been to plenty of places, north, and east, and west and... Other than select areas in the Midwest, that is not true. Corpus is pretty cheap.

5.There aren't very many palm trees for being next to the Gulf. Unless you are closer to the shoreline, in which you stated you are. But at the same time, you aren't going to find Pine forests along an ocean unless you are in the Pacific Northwest.

6. The majority of streets here are ridiculous. I agree with you on that.

7. Every large city has homeless problems. Leopard hasn't been a nice area probably since the 1940's. Homeless shelters on the edges of cities would just deteriorate the city and drive people away. Plus, where would the money come from? The city is BROKE.

But anyways, wherever you do go, I hope it meets your expectations.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:08 PM

9,350 posts, read 17,423,992 times
somehow, i doubt that THAT is possible.....

Old 02-24-2012, 08:23 AM

73 posts, read 155,937 times
Here's your nearly identical post about how you want to move back to Fowler, Indiana and what a horrible place Corpus Christi is. I miss Fowler, Indiana - City-Data Forum

I say "Any city is nice if you know where not to go." CC isn't perfect. No where is.

Go back to Fowler if you want, if it's such a utopia for you.

Oh, and most homeless people are crazy or just messed up, often from being homeless for a while. It changes them into weirdos. And that's regardless of the alcohol. And they tend to walk where they go, so putting them on the outskirts of town makes for an irritating commute.

Stew in your hate if you will. BTW, Fowler changed while you were gone and you'll never be happy.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 AM

19 posts, read 47,350 times
Sorry you don't like it here! I do think that maybe they shouldn't have made the roads out of sand. I'm with you on that one. I hope you find a place that pleases you, though I do recommend you stay away from coastal cities if you don't like palm trees.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 PM

406 posts, read 682,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCity View Post

your husband is a lucky man ... you are one ray of sunshine

Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM

42 posts, read 131,801 times
I'm from Boston..... you can buy a gorgeous home down here for the same price as a trailer home up there... if you think its expensive here and cheaper up north, it must be a crap place your from.. bad roads?? please go visit new england... the highways and roads are so bad it has caused vehicles to roll over.. they do have some of the best schools in the country though (one plus)... there are homeless people in every city (use your eyeballs). don't want crime? don't live in the ghetto... or a state that has strict gun laws... there are way more shootings up north (mostly 16yr olds shooting eachother too, fabulous.) there are also cockroaches up north, they just dont live outside like they do here LOL .. I've driven through Indiana more times than I would've liked.. prefer to fly over it..

while Boston is AMAZING, I would much prefer to live here, it seems like paradise plus the people are way more friendly (minus the morons that stop at the yield signs near the highways... or the people coming off that think its possible to yield to someone BEHIND you.. speed up, then cut you off... they do teach yielding in drivers ed down here don't they??) want a door slammed in your face or someone telling you to go eff yourself for smiling at them... go up north you'll fit right in...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:24 AM

7 posts, read 17,406 times
I am elated to be moving out of this city, and according to statistics...many share the same opinion..so dont feel alone...glad u got to vent lol

Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 PM

15,246 posts, read 17,412,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marini_mare View Post
I'm from Boston..... you can buy a gorgeous home down here for the same price as a trailer home up there... if you think its expensive here and cheaper up north, it must be a crap place your from.. bad roads?? please go visit new england... the highways and roads are so bad it has caused vehicles to roll over.. they do have some of the best schools in the country though (one plus)... there are homeless people in every city (use your eyeballs). don't want crime? don't live in the ghetto... or a state that has strict gun laws... there are way more shootings up north (mostly 16yr olds shooting eachother too, fabulous.) there are also cockroaches up north, they just dont live outside like they do here LOL .. I've driven through Indiana more times than I would've liked.. prefer to fly over it..

while Boston is AMAZING, I would much prefer to live here, it seems like paradise plus the people are way more friendly (minus the morons that stop at the yield signs near the highways... or the people coming off that think its possible to yield to someone BEHIND you.. speed up, then cut you off... they do teach yielding in drivers ed down here don't they??) want a door slammed in your face or someone telling you to go eff yourself for smiling at them... go up north you'll fit right in...
I'm so glad you like it here! I hope you feel the same in September, after you've slogged through a long, sweltering summer.

About the yield signs, I once saw Corpus described as the "the town where people stop at yield signs and yield at the stop signs." I avoid those freeway entrances and exits when it's at all possible.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM

19 posts, read 47,350 times
As for the stopping at yield signs by the freeway...they teach that in drivers ed here. I did the course three years ago and I was just zoomin' along and the instructor was like "stop stop stop." I thought it was a little weird because no one who ever drove me around did that but I sure did want a driver's license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi