U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2012, 07:51 PM

11,431 posts, read 16,885,727 times

Advertisements

I was used to one-day sending and receiving of my netflix dvds. When I sent my DVDs on Wed, they still were not registered as "received" on my netflix queue. when I phoned them, they did confirm that they were indeed received. How long does it take to receive your netflix DVDs here in CC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM

484 posts, read 1,413,446 times
Quote:
I was used to one-day sending and receiving of my netflix dvds. When I sent my DVDs on Wed, they still were not registered as "received" on my netflix queue. when I phoned them, they did confirm that they were indeed received. How long does it take to receive your netflix DVDs here in CC?
Dunno about the mail,,, I subscribe to NetFlix online and stream the movies instantly via my Roku box, cost is about the same as sending and receiving DVDs by mail and a lot more convenient.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
Dunno about the mail,,, I subscribe to NetFlix online and stream the movies instantly via my Roku box, cost is about the same as sending and receiving DVDs by mail and a lot more convenient.
so you pay for only the streaming service, not the DVD portion?

Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM

354 posts, read 1,054,811 times
I too was using Roku for streaming Netflix and it worked great...very easy. I really prefer it and the only reason why I changed last month to DVD is because there seems to be more recent releases available. When I would do movie searches, many of those I was interested in were available only through DVD.

Not sure about the timing since I'm in Houston, not CC. I've only managed 1 movie this week, a holiday last Monday and everything got messed up. Seems to be a total of about 3-4 days: received @ 4:30 pm Thursday, mailed back Friday, queue showed Netflix received and new movie was to be mailed Saturday so it should be here tomorrow. I think timing on mail pickup/delivery can have an effect also; mine is not until late afternoon. I actually took the DVD to a postal box the next a.m. to see if that would speed things up but was told no, it all goes to the central location that evening for sorting. This is the downside as I finally have time to watch a few.

Anyway, you might consider switching for a month to see if you like it, no fee to do so and you can always change your subscription plan back, but look through the queue first to see if most of the movies you're interested in are available for streaming. You can watch on your PC without having Roku but for TV you'll either need to hook up your computer some way or use a streaming media device.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,976 posts, read 33,985,513 times
The US Postal Service is closing distribution centers around the countey. Apparently, when that happens, everyone's Netflix deliveries will take an extra day to travel in both directions.

In San Antonio, our Netflix DVDs are delivered from Houston. I suspect CC subscribers would get them from there, too.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM

484 posts, read 1,413,446 times
Yeah, but,,,, there's always a "but". When you use a Roku with your cable internet you also can get Crackle for free. They always have good movies for streaming too and somehow they keep track of your taste in movies and make available others of the same kinds of movies you like. For example, if you like westerns and view a few of them suddenly you will find a bunch more westerns available than was previously listed. Netflix is also good at this. Whenever I pull up Netflix on Roku I always get new recommendations of a similar genre. Works for me.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
The US Postal Service is closing distribution centers around the countey. Apparently, when that happens, everyone's Netflix deliveries will take an extra day to travel in both directions.

In San Antonio, our Netflix DVDs are delivered from Houston. I suspect CC subscribers would get them from there, too.
When I phoned them, they said that Houston was the hub, Austin and SA the "satellites". San Antonio delivery and receipt seemed to be quicker by one day at first glance. I'll hate to see what it's like when they close the USPS distribution center here in Corpus.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 AM

15,246 posts, read 17,407,305 times
We usually get Netflix DVD's in a day or two. Occasionally three. They come from Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi