U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 11:25 AM

7 posts, read 13,548 times

Advertisements

hello i have visited corpus a couple of times before but next month me and my family will be moving there and there are a couple of questions i have if anyone could help would appreciate it

1: what is the best sides of town to live on
2: i have a little girl 16 what are the best schools for her
3: what is the night life like
4: what is the average rent for a decent 2 bedroom apt

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 03:12 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,867,609 times
Sorry nobody has answered your questions in a timely manner. I hope you enjoy the city when you get here, (if your not here already).

1. It depends what you want. If you want city then the far southside is nice. If you want to be near the beach Flour Bluff. If you want a bedroom community consider NW like the Calallen area or Portland. If you want a rural area look at Orange Grove, Aransas Pass, or Odem. Or if you really don't care just about anything on the southside east of Weber.

2. I would stay away from CCISD. I would recommend in this order schools: Calallen, Tuloso, Portland, and Flour Bluff. The rest other two are CCISD and West Oso.

3. Downtown on Thurs-Sat is pretty fun and all the bars and clubs are busy. Same with the Southside of town with the scattered bars and nightclubs. Other than that its a stretch to find somewhere fun during the week.

4. A nice two bedroom apt. can run you anywhere from $700 to $1400 depending on which apartment complex or part of town you decide to live in.

As far as suggestions go, I live in Calallen so I am biased to that area. I'd recommend anybody to move to this part of town. If you love the city and traffic the Southside is a fun and busy area to live in.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:35 PM

i appreciate all the help i have got there yet still waiting on my job to transfer me but me and my family (wth exception of my little girl lol) are excited to get there if it not too much trouble can i follow up your response with couple of things?

1. im more bias to beach and wife my bias to city so you know that means we will be living in the city lol

2. if we move to southside to get taste of city whats the best school out that way

3. the club scene sound ideal for me and wife because usually only nights we go out would be fri and sat

4: appears we will be on southside what can i expect to pay for 2 bedroom apt or maybe 2 bedroomm rental house in that area

once again i appreciate all the help

Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,867,609 times
1. If you want to be close to the beach and she wants to be in the city, you can look at the Flour Bluff area. Its in the city and its 5 minutes from the beach. Now with that said, you will be a little further from downtown and most of the bars and clubs with about a 15 minute commute time.

2. If you have to go to a CCISD school, you should send your child to King HS, second Carroll. If you are going to be on the If you lived in Flour Bluff you would bee in FBISD. They are going to be building a new high school on the far southside for CCISD, but your daughter will be graduated by then.

3. Downtown is fun and has bars and clubs for anybody. There are several good places with Hip Hop such as Aria/The Sushi Lounge, Havana, and Bourbon/Voodoo Lounge. On the southside for Hip Hop are Revolution, D'Lounge, and The Reserve. There are other bars like Flannigans, the Irish Pub, Mulligans that play Rock and Roll. There are two country clubs on the southside, Ropers and Whiskey River. There are also several places in between, it just depends on what you are looking for.

4. On the southside you can find 2br apartments anywhere from $750-$1300 just depending on how nice or new you are looking for. Home rentals are high in Corpus. You will be lucky to find anything under $1250 that is not in the ghetto.

Overall, anywhere you live in the Corpus area, you are never more than 15 min from downtown and 20 min from S.P.I.D. CC is almost in a triangle and Downtown is the top point. That is probably the best way to describe it to you.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:02 AM

thanks for all the help cant wait to get there maybe we will meet one day

Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM

484 posts, read 1,478,956 times
Hi,

Moving from Houston is not the challenge a lot of people think it is, as a matter of fact, when I left I thought seeing Houston in my rear view mirror was the best thing I'd ever seen.

I can't help with any info on rentals but Corpus is in a terrible downturn in real estate at the moment, prices of houses are at an all time low. Nice homes that cost $200,000 a few years ago are now selling for $170,000 and lower. You might consider buying rather than renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi