U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:16 PM

1,363 posts, read 2,750,614 times

Advertisements

Plastics manufacturer inks $1 billion contract

This is going to create 250 new permanent jobs, 700 indirect jobs, and 3,000 construction jobs, with an average salary expected to be around $53,000. This is going to be a hug project for the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 04:39 AM

Well, Here is some more development news. All of it downtown too! A promising future is starting to shape up for the downtown area.

Construction underway to build 164 unit apartments near downtown Corpus Christi - Bay Vista II

This here will be a huge catalyst for major developments and revitalization downtown
Destination Bayfront to present business plans next month, possible bond proposal for November

Who knows... Maybe we will see new high rises in the not so distant future for downtown Corpus Christi
Vacant bayfront land near downtown sees plans for hotel, apartments, and retail

For a city as small as CC and with as small as an MSA CC has, there sure is a lot of development going on. I think it is safe to say that the city is finally moving in the right direction.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM

Well, I havent been keeping up with it lately, but here is some new news.

Outlet Mall Developers buy land

Schlitterbahn breaks ground!

HEB purchases land in Calallen

New hangar development proposed at CCIA

Dick's Sporting Goods coming to Corpus in new Shops at La Palmera

Corpus Christi's first Hyatt Place opens.

Destination Bayfront presents business model

Plastics manufacturer inks $1 Billion contract for two CC plants

Forbes ranks CC ninth in US for housing market recovery

There is a lot going on right now for Corpus Christi. Lets hope this development continues and the city thrives and improves.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:05 PM

220 posts, read 411,360 times
Dick's is on my personal boycott list since they caved and removed AR-15s from their stores. I wish we could have gotten a better sports store.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John26 View Post
Dick's is on my personal boycott list since they caved and removed AR-15s from their stores. I wish we could have gotten a better sports store.
Yea, I have heard that news. But, I won't let my political views interfere with business competition to drive prices lower. I've noticed prices at our Academy are higher than those in other cities, because it is the one and only sports store in town.

So even though I do not agree with Dick's for removing AR's, I like the competition and wider variety of merchandise. I will be shopping there. I already have an AR-15, but there are plenty of other places around town I can buy another, if the need arises.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM

So it seems like Roddfield will soon become the new Staples, with a lot of development planned, and downtown actually has a plan for revitalization. Hopefully the plans with downtown will be turned into a reality.

Development on Roddfield strains infrastructure.

City planners see potential in oldest neighborhoods.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 PM

Another high paying job creator for the region. The port is blowing up with major developments. This one will create 150 full time jobs.

Austrian steelmaker announces $700M plant at Port Corpus Christi.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM

The city is developing a plan to revitalize and entice development in the downtown area. This will benefit the area greatly and could lead to some major projects.

Downtown, city's oldest neighborhoods to be focus of Corpus Christi incentive strategy

Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,633,780 times
I moved here to the Corpus area back in 2009. Little did I know the explosive growth that would be taking place! Hopefully the infrastructure can keep in pace. That would have to be my single, largest worry for CC.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Corsstown extension slated for later this year

This will help relieve traffic on the far southside and entice development south of Oso Creek. What really needs to be done, is to just extend the freeway to S Staples already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi