U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM

1,363 posts, read 2,749,723 times

Advertisements

To those that are saying CC isn't growing or is backwards... Here is what has been in the news the last couple of weeks:

Schlitterbahn

Chaparral St. project

New Condo development downtown at the old Lichtenstein location

Outlet mall in Robstown

The proposed Regional Parkway

Italian Resin Plants

HEB in Calallen
. Not really big news, but big for Calallen. Lol.

All of this adds on to the I-69 conversion, already done through Corpus Christi and Robstown, the new developments at the Rincon Industry park at the Port, due to the Eagleford boom, and the three new Walmarts in the area. Add to that our growing, strong, economy, and Corpus should have a pretty bright future. Thats a lot of major development for a city of 310,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM

20 posts, read 56,413 times
All that plus, The new La Palmera Shops, a new plaza on roddfield, Buffalo Wings and Rings opening the Plaza where Kohls is, an d who knows what else, Now maybe they can build crosstown commons.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM

Here are a couple of more from the news yesterday.

Plastics company to generate thousands of jobs - Hundreds permanently.

Cruise ships could soon be cruising into South Texas

Even though its still a pipe dream:
Route for new Harbor Bridge

And the future looks even brighter!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:31 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,633,182 times
Its about time that some of these things came to light here. Although I somehow doubt the Cruise ship deal will become a reality. Great time for job seekers though!

Old 11-21-2012, 03:48 PM

On top of that. OxyChem just bought out the old NAS Ingleside location. I spoke with a buddy of mine that works at OxyChem and he said that will create hundreds of jobs.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:28 AM

770 posts, read 1,555,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
To those that are saying CC isn't growing or is backwards... Here is what has been in the news the last couple of weeks:

Schlitterbahn

Chaparral St. project

New Condo development downtown at the old Lichtenstein location

Outlet mall in Robstown

The proposed Regional Parkway

Italian Resin Plants

HEB in Calallen
. Not really big news, but big for Calallen. Lol.

All of this adds on to the I-69 conversion, already done through Corpus Christi and Robstown, the new developments at the Rincon Industry park at the Port, due to the Eagleford boom, and the three new Walmarts in the area. Add to that our growing, strong, economy, and Corpus should have a pretty bright future. Thats a lot of major development for a city of 310,000.
I agree with you. Corpus Christi, in terms of population growth and location along the coast, as well as the new I-69 segments that are being built are helping the CC area and when completed all the way to Indianapolis, will significantly help the area in economic growth. Many people in this country right now don't understand just how important the ports of Corpus Chrisiti and Houston are to the economy of this country.

Yes the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are important, but without the Panama Canal (and its subsequent widening in recent times) imports from other nations and exports from the US to other nations in areas such as East Aisa and Europe would be in significant decline.

Anyway, I hope to see I-69 completed in Texas before the day I pass!

Old 11-25-2012, 01:31 AM

770 posts, read 1,555,676 times
In fact, I can say that Corpus is building more high-rise Condos/towers than even San Diego right now. Corpus Christi, IMHO, is the "new San Diego."

Source: I lived in San Diego, CA for 6 years and NEVER seen the type of progress in SD as I have seen in Corpus.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:18 PM

Here is another project about to get under way in the Six Points area. I think one day this area will be one of the trendy, "fresh" part of the city. I think it'l be like a mini uptown Houston. Also, here is another condo project. I saw the sign up near the Atlantic Lofts last week.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:18 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,633,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Here is another project about to get under way in the Six Points area. I think one day this area will be one of the trendy, "fresh" part of the city. I think it'l be like a mini uptown Houston. Also, here is another condo project. I saw the sign up near the Atlantic Lofts last week.
I sure hope so. I also have high hopes that the north end of Staples will be updated too.. scary as it is right now though!

Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 AM

Well, here's some good news for the Airport and the area along Hwy 44 surrounding the airport. The area has seen a lot of growth lately with Baker Hughes, the regional Border Patrol office, and Budwesier Distributors. This should push for maybe some restaurants, hotels, and apartment development in the area. I always thought this area should be the next to grow in CC. It's just too good of a location.

Some might say it's bad for NASCC. But I see it as an opportunity. This will give NASCC more room to bring extra and new naval operations to the base.

City signs lease agreement for Coast Guard to build at Corpus Christi International Airport
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi