Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2012, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,190 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new to the forum, sorry if these questions are repeated. My husband has a job offer in CC. We currently live in NC in a small town near Greensboro/Raleigh area. We have two girls ages 9 and 11 who have received a very good education in the public schools here in the AG (academically gifted) program until NC adopted the new Common Core Standard curriculum this year which is horrible. It is supposedly state-led and going nation-wide. My understanding is that Texas has not adopted it and is fighting it. Is this true? If so, that is a very good thing!

Having said that, I've been told that Flour Bluff is a good place to look for a place to live. Is this good advice? We are interested in 1)Excellent Academics and 2)Culture, ie: Science/Arts museums, etc. How does CC rate in these two areas? We love the beach and are very active so that is good. But we do not currently live in a very "thriving" area with much to do and are frankly bored. Would CC be a good choice for us as far as those things are concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 AM

16,787 posts, read 48,935,370 times
I'm surprised no one has tried to answer your questions. According to this Texas is a "Non-Member". Common Core State Standards Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't live in CC but kept a boat for years in Aransas County just to the East, so I visited CC often. Some people in this forum complain that there is not much to do in Corpus, I find that puzzling but I have never had a problem finding interesting things to do anywhere. Corpus does have an art museum, a museum of science and history and an aquarium. See more about the attractions here Corpus Christi, Texas Attractions - Gulf Coast Vacation Things to See and Places to Go - VisitCorpusChristiTX.org Texas beaches might not be as nice as where you are coming from, the sand here is powdery and tends to stick to you more then other places I have been. But the Texas coastal areas do offer a lot in the way of recreation, especially if you own a boat. And the coastal waters are warmer more of the year.

Take the time to read the Sticky thread at the top of the forum, it has lots of great information.

Check out some of the other threads in this forum which talk about good places to live. //www.city-data.com/forum/searc...earchid=584632
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi