Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 PM

20 posts, read 59,410 times

Advertisements

Since it seems to be a popular topic on other cities forums, I thought I would make one for Corpus. Who doesn't enjoy eating out with friends or family?

Closed-Chubby's Gourmet Burgers was a restaurant on Holly and Airline that lasted a whole two months and closed about 2 weeks ago, Which is kind of sad Considering I liked the burgers, but they were a bit pricey and could add up if you brought family along.

Closed-517 A Cafe, Never went but wanted to

New Openings/Relocation's-Maggies Pizza moved to Everhart, La Mitchuacana opening right next to it soon too, Tequila Coast downtown, Owned by the same owners of Tequila Grill on Weber.

Wishlist:
Cheesecake Factory
BJs Brewhouse
Some sort of Pancake House similar to Magnolia in San Antonio
A Which Wich or some Sandwich place in Moore Plaza so I don;t have to eat burgers or burritos all the time

Rumor Mill:
LongHorn Steakhouse-Not the ones on Avalon and SPID, this is a Chain from Florida that I read a article on Caller website that said they were building a Location here but had issues with the Name and Logo which are very similar to the two longhorns already here in town.
Firehouse Subs-confirmed by the person who operates their Facebook Page, all though I have not seen anything around town just of yet.

What do you all know or have seen around town or even in Port A, Portland, The Island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 12:12 AM

286 posts, read 566,483 times
Went to the new Maggie's location. The pizza isn't bad. I didn't care for their boneless wings, as the sauce was a touch greasy. They do have an enlarged menu at the new location as well. I'll go back at some point.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:29 PM

I tried the New location with my mom the other day, Our Pizza was good, I would go back fo sho!

New places I have discovered, El Patron Food Bar and Grill on SPID next to where Best Buy is, seems like another Tex-Mex Cuisine place which we have plenty of in town.

Old Golden Corral that was on Staples being changed into a Hibachi Grill and Buffett.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:10 PM

The place that has been, Chubby's, Cajun Shack, Fox Pizza Den among ton of others will now become Googly's and by the logo it seems like an American Food place, Pizza, Hotdogs, Hamburgers, etc..

Old 09-07-2012, 09:25 AM

19 posts, read 52,553 times
I miss Crystal's

Old 09-07-2012, 07:02 PM

484 posts, read 1,624,360 times
Quote:
Old Golden Corral that was on Staples being changed into a Hibachi Grill and Buffett.
Great ~! "Hibachi", to me, denotes a Japanese restaurant. I hope they succeed, I love Japanese food and much prefer it to Chinese or Vietnamese which seem to be the only other Asian flavors we typically see in CC. There is a few sushi places around but I prefer my fish cooked, raw fish is what I call "bait".

Old 09-07-2012, 10:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,912,165 times
Don't know for sure if it's the same, but a Hibachi Grill & Buffet opened in McAllen a while back. We tried it out--typical pseudo-Chinese buffet with all the usual gross choices, plus a teppanyaki grill in the restaurant between the steam tables. Don't get your hopes up, jbtx!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:59 PM

the Plaza where Kohls is on Saratoga is getting two new restaurants.
Buffalo Wings and Rings where the old Utopia used to be.
Fish Place- A cajun joint which I believe has its roots in Houston.

Small Planet Deli opening other location on Saratoga in the same side where Fajita Junction is.
We finally get our Panda Express

Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,387,900 times
Longhorn Steakhouse is going in La Palmera in between the main entrance and the food court entrance sometime this year.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:40 PM

Corner Bakery coming to the new Shops at La Palmera
Dick's Sporting Goods, Corner Bakery Café to open off Staples Street later this year » Corpus Christi Caller-Times

I hope they have something else there as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi