Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:08 AM

282 posts, read 1,008,547 times

Advertisements

We will be visiting soon to get a feel for the area. Can anyone tell me if there are any bad areas that I should stay away from? How is the golf course there and are there homes available to buy on the golf course? How are the taxes for a waterfront home? How many beaches are there and are they decent? Anything anyone would like to add about the area feel free. Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM

37 posts, read 114,888 times
FYI the "beaches" are on the island, about a 30 minute drive from Rockport.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 AM

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 PM

286 posts, read 569,489 times
There is a park that has a sandy beach, but no waves. It's on the laguna side. It is great for little kids, has lots of amenities, and is very clean.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:16 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelala View Post
We will be visiting soon to get a feel for the area. Can anyone tell me if there are any bad areas that I should stay away from? How is the golf course there and are there homes available to buy on the golf course? How are the taxes for a waterfront home? How many beaches are there and are they decent? Anything anyone would like to add about the area feel free. Thanks for the info!
Rockport has a beach park on Aransas Bay that is run by the City, it has a fee to enter the park. The beach there is well maintained and clean. https://www.google.com/maps?q=Rockpo...h&z=16&iwloc=A

There are endless miles of beach out on the Gulf Coast, most people around Rockport go to Port Aransas to go to the beach. Its a short drive that includes crossing the intercoastal waterway on a free car ferry operated by the State of Texas.

My wife and I kept our sailboat at Rockport for 3 years and enjoyed the area a lot. We still return almost every spring for a vacation.

Another thread about Rockport //www.city-data.com/forum/corpu...l#post28088715

Old 08-31-2013, 06:09 PM

447 posts, read 1,043,904 times
Look at Rockport from Google earth. You will see that although its on the water, its the bay water...not the gulf.

The bay water is more stagnant and the waterfront edges are usually more mucky/marshy/stinky, not sandy beachy.

Nothing wrong with Rockport as a whole, but if you are looking for the beach, it ain't it.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:47 AM

484 posts, read 1,631,083 times
I hate to be viewed as someone "selling" the Texas Gulf Coast as a place to live or retire, but there's much to be said for our climate and lifestyle. It doesn't snow here very often, and our beaches are pretty nice.

Rockport is just one of many communities along the Texas coast that are attractive to retirees, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times
The Rockport Beach Park gets waves from the ocean it's only the South part of the County that is more bay. Bay has the advantage of barrier islands which take away the surge threat from hurricanes.

Rockport Beach has won the states' blue ribbon award for cleanliness- less bacteria. Some of the other beaches near Corpus were horrible.

Rockport Beach doesn't have the wildness for Spring Break that Port Aransas has, but otherwise its preferable for many.

As for houses in Rockport -the market is picking u.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:42 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Not having whatever draws spring breakers is a plus! My brother has called Rockport home for many years. My former employer and another big shot San Antonian have homes in City by the Sea. I like Rockport myself. Not a bad place to live,

Old 09-03-2013, 07:45 AM

Thanks for all the feedback! Looking around League City as well. Is one better than the other? Would really like to find something on a golf course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi