U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 07:23 AM

34 posts, read 97,529 times

Advertisements

Hi folks,

I'll be visiting Corpus Christi for a weekend end getaway end of April. I'm looking for a beach front hotel- preferably 4 to 5 star
Hotel. I want the hotel right on the beach. A hotel with great amenities for kids 12 and 17. Also how is the temperature of the beach in April, is it still cold or warm enough to swim? What are some must see places in Corpus Christi?

Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 11:17 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,531,849 times
Spring time weather can always be variable. But end of April gets more predictable for warm weather. Must see in the 12-17 age group might be the aquarium, USS Lexington, and the visitor center at UTMSI in Port Aransas.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:06 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,788,443 times
CC doesn't have any five star hotels that I am aware of. I think the closest thing is the Omni Bayfront Hotel downtown. When you say beachfront, do you mean downtown or on the island where you are literally on the beach? There is about a 25-30 mile difference between the two.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:44 PM

37 posts, read 105,195 times
Check out Port Royal on mustang island (directly between Port A and North Padre.). Like others said, there are no upscale hotels. This place is one of the best I have stayed at that is beach front.

Water is still pretty cold, by that could change. The fishing should be good though...

Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 PM

6,942 posts, read 12,347,862 times
best hotel is omni which is a 3*.

corpus doesnt really have much beach except north beach which is not very nice. I would recommend port A. We really like the village walk condos (like seaside florida). It isnt right on the beach, but you have the beach feel. The beach front condos often times require a long walk to the beach over the dunes which is a pain so we drive even if we are beachfront. You can drive on the beach which makes it easy to unload coolers, chairs, umbrellas etc.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:35 PM

288 posts, read 489,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
corpus doesnt really have much beach except north beach which is not very nice.
North Beach isn't the only thing CC has.

All of Mustang Island up to the Port A city limits is still Corpus Christi. And then there is North Padre, and there are a couple of hotels there.
I agree that none of the hotels on North Beach are 5 star, and depending on what the kids like, the aquarium and Lexington might not interest them.

Port A is fine, and you can rent a beach condo there if that interest you. The kids may like tooling around in the golf carts there as well.

Old 04-10-2014, 01:49 PM

179 posts, read 208,642 times
seashell shops are nicee.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:54 PM

2,948 posts, read 4,584,983 times
The Holiday Inn on North Padre is nice and is right on the beach, but I usually stay at the Omni Bayview Towers and drive over to the North Padre as there are more things to do in that area other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi