U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 02:32 PM

8,578 posts, read 6,244,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Where did all the shrimp boats move to when the left Aransas Pass? I used to enjoy driving there just to see all the boats.

I understand Aransas Pass is planning on turning Conn Brown Harbor into a recreational, entertainment harbor with restaurants and bars.
CptnRn, I found this article about the Gulf King Seafood Company and it's owner Mr Herndon. According to the information in the article Mr Herndon dispatched his entire fleet to Nicaragua six years prior to the article which is dated 2001. So that'd make it 1994 or thereabouts.
Two Breeds of Survivor - Gulf Shrimp and Texas Shrimpers - NYTimes.com

I couldn't tell you about the other shrimp boats because I don't remember their names. I do remember Gulf King because they were the largest fleet in the Harbor.

There might be some of the boats in Palacios. As a matter of fact, the article DOES mention Palacios but only to describe it as one of several locations where wealthy owners would kept the newer up-to-date boats that had been purchased at a cost of $600K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 06:35 PM

578 posts, read 554,663 times
I kept hearing stuff about chemical spills and oil spills. I watched a program about a plastic bottle plant and how the area has clusters of certain cancers and leukemia. A local told me the place is toxic. The fish and shrimp?

Old 01-20-2015, 02:33 PM

179 posts, read 206,737 times
years ago,, we ,my wife3 vmd i bogghtshrimp off the the boatrs a AP andc CC 1.25/lb for bait size.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:49 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,519,558 times
I SO miss Port A , Aransas Pass , even CC from the 70's to 81-82 . Even though I moved away from home ( for good ) almost 5 years ago , I still miss those great years there. I have lived all over the world but P.A. will always be home . My family had lived there since the early 20's.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,242 times
Paul's Seafood in Flour Bluff has great local seafood, including Shrimp, Drum, Snapper, Flounder, Tuna and Crayfish. We just had a Crayfish Boil last weekend and got 40 pounds for about $3.60/lb. Paul's is the one that has the van that is always parked on The Island.

If you are looking for great fried shrimp,,,,,,,you can't beat Catfish Charlies.......IMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi