U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 01:12 PM

553 posts, read 867,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Fats View Post
Very interesting thread and replies! Any more opinions regarding crime and weather/fleas? I lived in a place where everything outside would be stolen, even flowers in flower pots, and I don't want that again - but I really want to seaside -
Off the beaten path, crime and stress free, is the little town of Seadrift, TX,
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

I lived on San Antonio Bay outside of town. Main drawback was the 18 mile drive to the new HEB in Port Lavaca. I'd still be there but for a heart attack and stroke - couldn't take care of the animals/place after that.
Btw, guineas and chickens eat fleas, ticks and fire ants.

Last edited by Yac; 07-18-2014 at 06:32 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 08:36 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,531,849 times
The fleas are horrific in CC. I moved here a year ago. My dog had been on heartworm/flea preventative for several months before moving here. Within 10 days she was infested. We had to change her to the newest heartworm/ flea med on the market. It's pretty expensive but she needs to have it.

On the south side of town in a large apartment complex we can leave lawn chairs on the patio and no one touches things. I wouldn't leave my GPS or iPod in my car locked or unlocked...that would be an invitation for a break in here.

The worst thing I find about CC was trying to commute on my bike since there seems to be so many impaired or ignorant drivers. I put my bike in storage after just 2 weeks. Even driving is challenging here.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 AM

553 posts, read 867,236 times
[quote=Rust Never Sleeps;35692271]Off the beaten path, crime and stress free, is the little town of Seadrift, TX,
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Well burn my name and scorn my ashes! I had no idea that site could be considered "competition."

Old 07-18-2014, 10:39 AM

15,247 posts, read 17,793,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Fats View Post
Very interesting thread and replies! Any more opinions regarding crime and weather/fleas? I lived in a place where everything outside would be stolen, even flowers in flower pots, and I don't want that again - but I really want to seaside -
All of our pets on on Revolution and fleas have never been a problem.

Theft occurs, but it's certainly not a situation where everything outside is stolen. I have heard of nice potted plants being taken, and I knew a woman whose glider was taken from her porch, but that's unusual. Most people leave all sorts of stuff outside with never a thought about it being taken. I wouldn't leave the house unlocked, or leave a garage full of tools unlocked, but it's not like thievery is a constant concern.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:20 PM

334 posts, read 500,171 times
Thank you for the replies! Much appreciated!

Old 08-24-2014, 07:50 PM

5 posts, read 8,472 times
Hooray I get to visit Corpus Christi again later this week. Getting in on Thursday just before labor day. Looking forward for a relaxed time there

Old 08-26-2014, 12:49 PM

15,247 posts, read 17,793,407 times
Hope you have a great time. Wear sun screen and stay hydrated.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 PM

484 posts, read 1,451,042 times
We have potted plants on the front porch, even some decorating the mail box, they have been there for years. No problem. We also have a bench on the front steps, been there for 10 years, no problem.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM

5 posts, read 8,472 times
So the move begins. I'll be there starting work early October in flour bluff. Now to figure out where to rent.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:31 AM

334 posts, read 500,171 times
OP please consider making a thread when you get there and let us know how you find CC once living there, thank you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi