U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 08:02 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,635,496 times

Advertisements

Your first link, is largely irrelevant (data taken from 2004-2007), as its old data. Further, it states from Portland to Aransas Pass. That is a large area to cover. This area is under the SPMWD, which gets its water from Corpus (ON Stevens Plant), and blends it with the Nueces River, where it gets treated at a plant between Portland and Ingleside. Not very specific, and has nothing to do with the Sunset Lake data, which is not used for water treatment.

Your second link... I went ahead and extrapolated a more comprehensive look on all violations with TCEQ and the City of Corpus Christi. Notice in the link provided, that all notices that have not been addressed, are Informal violations; further, the ones that are have yet to be completed, are new rules TCEQ is adopting for monitoring for monthly reports. These rules are not being enforced yet, as they are upcoming rules that will become standard. This is being currently updated with the City of Corpus Christi, whom is actively working on becoming a TOPS member (a prestigious accolade where the highest water quality standards have to be met, ran by TCEQ), and will be fully addressed by the time it becomes an enforced rule.

Links:

TCEQ - Drinking Water Watch &DWWState=TX

Texas Optimization Program (TOP)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
No I am right , BOTH Gulf and Bay are at times so unsafe with E coli and other Cr*p that you cannot go in . You need to pay attn to the local news AND signage around the bays and Gulf both because you may be missing valuable warnings .

I was born there in 1962 not 6 years ago I have lived all over the world but that is my home base from which I come and go from although I now doubt I will ever leave the west coast , I really like it . I am not lying to this person in anyway ,shape or form, and thanks to RustNeverSleeps for looking this up for me .

I need to find all the articles about the testing - first at the local resident request , THEN at their demand that went on near the refineries where they actually TOLD the people after the testing that they had acceptable levels of Benzene in their bodies.. That is insane. CC also was ranked #1 in the US for many years and may still be in birth defects . I left again 4 years ago so do not have the most recent finds .
Just the Facts, Miss. Or it didn't happen. Love how people just spout off crap.

Old 03-14-2015, 12:37 PM

1,964 posts, read 1,523,215 times
..and I love to see you defend a LARGE open air dump .
What ?? Do I need to publish a copy of my birth certificate and housing records so you know I was even there ??
You are a newcomer- I am a veteran of that whole area, period .

BTW one of your links states that the water violations have been addressed but NOT corrected and thats for the one in 2014 AND it's also concerning fecal coliform in the water so thanks for the link , it's still nasty I see . Just letting you know.
Have a nice day in the sewer .

Old 03-14-2015, 01:07 PM

Lol.. no, it wasn't for fecal coliform, rather total coliform, but thanks for trying to read into that. All sites have an MCL that can be had for coliform TCR. Had you done your homework, instead of spouting off about things you don't have a clue about, perhaps you would have a better argument. You see, Dutchess, your full of heresy without the facts to back it up. Now, go run along and play.

Sheesh, some people...

Old 03-14-2015, 01:26 PM

1,964 posts, read 1,523,215 times
That's what it is tho ... I don't need to argue , if she wants, let her find out for herself .. you seem to want a fight for some reason .. just letting her know what to expect . If you like living in a toilet that's OK with me . to each their own . That is my experience with living for decades in the area . I don't really need to list reams of links , EVERYONE who has lived there, but you apparently, knows the water and air quality is horrendous.

I am not the only one. NOW you may have the last word ,, go on, I see how you need it . Meanwhile I will run along and play. I live right on Puget Sound so I am doing some ship photography like I used to in Port A. Was going to to Mt.Baker but is raining up there . It is truly beautiful here . GO HAWKS!!

Old 03-14-2015, 01:45 PM

553 posts, read 855,839 times
There is a reason for watchfulness. I mentioned this, in an oblique manner, some months ago. Just because some people say bla, bla, bla, - what do they really know. Sometimes an entire town can think their water is good - for four years - and later find it's undrinkable.

Undrinkable | The Texas Tribune

Bear in mind, Water is Life! Look how much this has cost the taxpayer's of Webb County.

In full disclosure I might add, I have a family member who was employed by the Corpus Christi Water Commission (CCWC) when it was located on Ayers. The CCWC became the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). that family member then went to work for EPA Region 6 Main Office in Dallas in regional aquatic toxicology.
He was an EPA expert witness on many cases. EPA Region 6 begins in New Mexico with the Rio Grande and extends east to the Mississippi River.

Btw, when living in Corpus he bought drinking water - for whatever reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or