U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 06:47 PM

44 posts, read 114,351 times

Advertisements

Just moved from the Dallas- Fort Worth area, and I am trying to program my antenna TV. WHY can't I get any channels?!! I get two PBS stations and two Latin stations which are useless to me since I don't habla espanol...wtf? Did I just move to Gilligan's Island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 08:21 AM

15,246 posts, read 17,629,619 times
LOL at Gilligan's Island and yes, pretty much. We don't have cable and just have rabbit ears and those are pretty much the stations we get. Sometimes I can get NBC or Fox to come in. I don't know enough about it to tell you why. I understand that some people have bigger antennas in their attics.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 AM

713 posts, read 572,082 times
aprender español !
sólo sus hermanos españoles tienen un transmisor megawat

Seriously, go here - https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

may need to get a better/higher antenna, and figure where to point it; a really good antenna & amplifier and you can pick up SanAntonio stations ...

Old 05-26-2016, 02:08 PM

548 posts, read 353,442 times
I've got a Walmart bought antenna at about 9 feet outside and get everything crystal clear. What part of town are you in? I've heard there can be clipping issues if you have wind turbines between you and the broadcast tower.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:45 PM

287 posts, read 482,186 times
I bought one of the little flat ones from amazon, and I get something like 18 channels with it. The networks, univision, and a bunch of shopping channels.

Old 06-09-2016, 12:10 PM

16,769 posts, read 42,853,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mcninja View Post
I bought one of the little flat ones from amazon, and I get something like 18 channels with it. The networks, univision, and a bunch of shopping channels.
Those work exceptionally well. I bought one and was very impressed with all the channels it can get.

Old 07-27-2016, 11:53 AM

2,056 posts, read 2,673,392 times
We had antenna TV in Daytona. On a good day we got lots and lots of channels. Like cable, only about 5 were worth watching!, but we did love those 5. The problem we had was on overcast days, when it rained, or even when planes flew nearby, our reception would get bad. This only happened when you were in the middle of a good movie though. I swear, you could tune it to the weather channel or Home Shopping Network and get crustal clear reception 24/7, but the moment you put on something good, you were sure to encounter problems about halfway through. If you get an antenna, try to get one that has a booster that you plug into the wall. They pick up a lot more channels. We paid $30 or so for ours on Amazon.

I recommend these two alternatives below to TV if you have high speed internet (even the slowest, high speed will usually work well). On the Filmon, the interface is really funky, so just hover your mouse on the top left where it says FREE and click on LIVE TV on the drop down menu. This will lead you to movies and such. The titles very rarely match the actual movies, and they have a lot of turkeys on there, but I have seen some good stuff too. If you like cheap horror and vampire movies, as well as bad alien invasion Sci Fi stuff like IT CAME FROM SPACE, MONSTERS FROM VENUS, etc, then you're in luck.

LikeTelevision Download movies, free videos downloads movies tv shows cartoons music and history video clips

https://www.filmon.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or