U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:38 PM

1,254 posts, read 3,189,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
by the way, my family lives on Kauai (western most of the major Hawaiian islands), and there are tons of "potheads" there. people who have smoked pakalolo (pidgin for pot) all their lives. they talk like potheads. duh duh duh. so it MUST do something to the brain cells. (it also affects fertility)
Thats because they were probably high when you talked to them, dear. And no, there are no long term effects & no brain cells die. Fertility is still up in the air, although one things is for sure, it isn't long term effects either. Its pretty much only effected right after a person smokes.

We can keep going with this if you like, but I'd rather not as were getting way off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 PM

9,353 posts, read 17,655,701 times
as far as drugs go .... i'll repeat myself here ..... was born and raised in HOUSTON ..... and now live in the st. louis area of missouri .... the county i live in has, if not the highest, then one of the highest, number of meth lab busts in the nation.....

not that i approve of or advocate drug abuse and its attendant problems, but i just think that different people have different ideas on what is considered a "bad" problem ......

pot ... don't use it personally, but did in the long, long, long distant past and have no problem with other ADULTS who wish to partake.....

the rest of it ..... one thing i have learned in life is that if you keep your nose out of other people's business, that goes a LONG way toward harmonious relationships......

i am sure that meth is around me, but since i do not partake and do not knowingly associate with those who do or those who manufacture, it has not been a problem for me personally.... i do not live in fear for my life or my property.....

Old 04-19-2008, 11:29 PM

2 posts, read 10,913 times
Wow talk about a
YouTube - HiJack-Trailer. So our philosophical differences aside pertaining to the use or disuse of said mind altering substances where in Corpus is good to live?

Also Belle could you elaborate on:
"yikes. i am an Emergency Room Registered Nurse and I worked for them. be careful."

Old 04-19-2008, 11:36 PM

3,494 posts, read 13,247,459 times
i can give you details privately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordup View Post
Wow talk about a
YouTube - HiJack-Trailer. So our philosophical differences aside pertaining to the use or disuse of said mind altering substances where in Corpus is good to live?

Also Belle could you elaborate on:
"yikes. i am an Emergency Room Registered Nurse and I worked for them. be careful."

Old 04-21-2008, 09:02 AM

42 posts, read 163,664 times
Wordup- If you're working at Spohn, you'll be looking at NORTH Padre Island, not SOUTH. That's a fourish hour drive. My husband and I just moved to CC and are on The Island, as it's known here. We are about your age (early 30's). There are negatives, as Belle will tell you, but I truly believe that every place is what you make of it. I have lived places that I liked more and some I've like less, but as we begin to get more involved in the community, we're just making the best of it. There are some fun things to...again...I just belive it's about outlook.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 AM

304 posts, read 1,046,468 times
Attitude and getting involved is everything when you are relocating. My wife just commented last night that we have met and know more people in our neighborhood and in CC in 3 months that we met and really got to know in 14 years in our last neighborhood in Minneapolis, MN. The one thing we have noticed is that there does not seem to be much nightlife, our experience so far has been people invite you to their homes for the evening rather than to meet at a night club or bar. So far we are very pleased that we chose CC for our retirement home. We don't retire for another 10-15 years so we consider we refer to our status as semi-retired even though we both work full time because we believe we still have much to contribute in our careers.
Anybody up for meeting at Stingers for a cup of java this week or next week?

Old 04-23-2008, 01:07 PM

219 posts, read 755,216 times
At least they bust the meth labs in St. Louis. In the South Texas area such as Corpus and others....the meth labs just seem to stay in business. I live in Rockport and there has been a KNOWN meth lab..in a trailer park...in business for 10 YEARS....looks like some payoffs are going on uh?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:26 PM

8,715 posts, read 12,316,492 times
When I hear what the gasoline prices are across Texas, it invariably seems that Corpus is listed to have the lowest in the state.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:45 PM

5,080 posts, read 8,430,523 times
Uhm maybe because they have the refineries there, and can cut the transportation tax?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:56 PM

8,715 posts, read 12,316,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Uhm maybe because they have the refineries there, and can cut the transportation tax?
Ya think?..... Had a girlfriend a while back that had a lake house on the bay (Houstone area), Bacliff, had to drive back and forth through Texas City. I also had a branch office, environmental engineering, in Deer Park. The plethora of different smells was overwhelming at times. Corpus would still beat out Houston in gasoline prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or