Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 05:22 AM

219 posts, read 811,090 times

Advertisements

yawn...lies? check out the stats on this own site...that is proof enough...or the fbi stats if you can get them...i know i have access to them...so i guess the stats on this site, the fbi stats and the stats everywhere else are all lies?...south texas is very beautiful and unique...are u kidding me?....flat and a bunch of ugly oaks is beautiful and unique?...south texas pride is south texas ignorance....goodbye you backwards people....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
goodbye you backwards people....
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,902 times
And please take bellestar on the way!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbain View Post
Wow. Not lies I have the facts which I can't post because moderators normally removed the links. The figures on the crime I listed above are FACTS and actually came from this site. LOL. Yet I am lying? I also have other sites in which I can compare city to city and state to state. Or would you prefer the FBI stats....ooops. Almost let the cat out of the bag.

I read the entire article...and yes...they were pumping cancer causing agents into the air and yes the crime is high. Of course they did leave out certain facts to the public since money does talk. wink, wink...but I am sure you guys are going to say that is false also...really...who do you work for? That is what I thought.

That is the problem with South Texas...people want to believe that non of this crap happens...to much pride. How pathetic is that. My job took me to California once and I did think certain areas were stunningly beautiful, great food, lots to do BUT I was glad to get out of there because I CAN ADMIT when things are bad and that area was BAD. You people need to do the same. People that can't admit what goes on, turn the other cheek. Those are the ones responsible for all the crap going on...because if they united and stood together and take action...crime, corruption...would be lowered....instead it's up to people like...

I bet if you did not live in South Texas...if instead you lived in the Hill Country or East Texas or anywhere then those you would be defending those place. How lame. I am done with this. I can't stand having converstations with the blind and ignorant.
i have only been reading these message boards for a month or so, but it is QUITE apparent that you were unhappy with corpus christi during your time there.... and for that reason you feel the need to come back into this and other threads REPEATEDLY posting facts as you see them. i could understand maybe one post here or there, but sweet jesus, it almost reads like you are determined to take corpus down. as far as the mods removing links or urls, maybe you could just post the names and/or authors of the articles or official reports, or whatever you are reading to quote these facts, and if people are interested, it is not that difficult to find these sorts of things through google.

in all honesty, when all of the posts and comments are taken together, i think that the actual picture is thus:

corpus is a city with amenities and issues, just like ANY other city on the planet. as time goes by, and the more i read, i, for one, am finding more to like about the idea of moving there after initially allowing your negative posts to color my attitude. After having been away from the area for over 20 years, I was shocked and dismayed by what i read in your posts.... this was DEFINITELY not the corpus i remember.

if you were so unhappy there.... and think that it is such an awful place, then why are you repeatedly in the threads discussing it?? and really, is it necessary to insult other people for expressing opinions different from your own??

Old 05-21-2008, 06:13 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
dude.....i already LEFT, as soon as i could. and you know what, instead of you saying basically good riddance, it's not...if it were a more welcoming place, and i felt safer, the area would have had a highly experienced trauma nurse serving the community. so instead, it's a shame and a loss.........and dont even try to tell me it aint...every hospital in the country has critical nursing shortages!!! yes, those of us who are there to SAVE YOUR LIFE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcubed View Post

Old 05-21-2008, 10:39 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I'm a tall blue-eyed blonde and I've lived in Corpus Christi for 2/3 of my life and have never had the problems Belle speaks of. I've made goods friends of many races, dated, married and had lots of fun since I've been here.

This thread is about CC and Belle, you've never lived in CC. You spent a year in Kingsville, 45 miles away and a whole 'nother world. I understand that you worked some and visited some here, but that is not the same thing. I commuted from CC to Kingsville to work for a couple of years and they are NOT the same town.

And to all the posters going on about how wonderful and safe it is in the Texas Hill Country, I lived for four years in Kerrville. I was in a middle class neighborhood, but that didn't stop my across-the-street-neighbor from setting himself up as a drug dealer. There were cars coming and going at all hours til he was arrested. Living there was the only time in my life that I ever called the police and it was for a domestic argument next door that spilled out into the front yard. Oh, and there was the brutal triple murder. Two meth-heads slit the throats of an elderly couple and their daughter. As it turned out, one of the murderers used to hang out across the street from me at the drug dealer's house. When he was arrested I realized I'd seen him sitting on the porch many times.

So I'll stay down here in "crime-ridden" Corpus, thank you very much. The rest of you can enjoy the Hill Country, but don't forget to lock your doors at night.

I apologize for the tone of this post, but I get so tired of people talking (badly) about CC who have never lived here and don't really know anything about it. It's ok not to like it--but there's no need to make stuff up about it.
I really appreciate your comments as I want to move to the area and I just can't believe it's as bad as all these people say. Since you live there I think you know. Thank you.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
dude.....i already LEFT, as soon as i could. and you know what, instead of you saying basically good riddance, it's not...if it were a more welcoming place, and i felt safer, the area would have had a highly experienced trauma nurse serving the community. so instead, it's a shame and a loss.........and dont even try to tell me it aint...every hospital in the country has critical nursing shortages!!! yes, those of us who are there to SAVE YOUR LIFE.

Just read a little bit but seems like bellestar and john bain don't like Corpus. I guess they left the area. I am moving in and I just want friendly and positive people to meet there lol.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcubed View Post
yes please take all the Corpus Christi bashers out of the area and off this site. The people that live there are not the only ones defending the area. I feel like defending it and I dont live there but will be.....I am excited about my trip there this weekend.
Why can't people just speak positively...life is too short!

Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbain View Post
yawn...lies? check out the stats on this own site...that is proof enough...or the fbi stats if you can get them...i know i have access to them...so i guess the stats on this site, the fbi stats and the stats everywhere else are all lies?...south texas is very beautiful and unique...are u kidding me?....flat and a bunch of ugly oaks is beautiful and unique?...south texas pride is south texas ignorance....goodbye you backwards people....
Why are you so rude. be nice

Old 05-22-2008, 02:45 AM

219 posts, read 811,090 times
Facts on Corpus that you can find if you are not blind.

1. Fell 17 places on Forbes list for best places for Career and Business in one year and the City of Corpus Christi is near the bottom now.

2. Second stupidest city in the nation as ranked by Men's Health.

3. Tenth worst drivers in the nation.

4. Second worst roads in America.

5. Went from #1 Digital City in the United States to not on the list in just one year.

6. Number 1 in rape for the state of Texas.

7. One of the highest murder and violent crime rates in Texas.

Do me a favor. Get a job with the FBI in Texas and then you can see what really goes on in South Texas.

Last edited by johnbain; 05-22-2008 at 03:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi