U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-01-2016, 02:48 PM
 
45 posts, read 119,130 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

I could not find a separate forum for South Padre, so posting here. Hoping someone in South Padre or close by can comment and help us.

A few us (party includes a couple of 2-3 year olds) have made arrangements to go to South Padre this long weekend.

Weather predictions reflect rain on all 3 days (sat-40% chance,sun-60%,mon-60%).

Does it get pretty bad if it rains since it is coastal? Would you recommend us cancelling the trip?

If this had been a visit to regular city like houston or dallas, we would not worry about rain predictions. But a bit worried since it is south padre and we have young kids in the party. Also not sure how bad the drive can get when it rains.

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2016, 04:32 PM
 
2,734 posts, read 4,809,047 times
Reputation: 4128
There is the sea turtle place that's cool to visit and it's indoors, but how long can you hang around and look at a turtle? If it's predicted on and off showers, there some bars you could go to and kill the time until the rain stops, but you have small children, so that's out. Other than that, what? There's some good places to eat, but why drive to SPI to eat out or for that matter, spend most of your time in a bar even if you didn't have kids along. You could browse souvenir shops, but that gets old quick, even w/o kids in tow. There's a few places to visit in Victoria, but few is the key word

It's a bummer, but for me personally, I would cancel and make other plans for the week-end. You can postpone this trip to another time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2016, 12:12 AM
 
45 posts, read 119,130 times
Reputation: 27
Thanks a lot for the quick response and the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2016, 01:19 PM
 
Location: East Valley, AZ
3,852 posts, read 8,565,144 times
Reputation: 3999
It was sprinkling on my way to work today in Harlingen, so if it's raining in Harlingen (45 minutes away), it's usually raining at South Padre Island. I, myself, wouldn't cancel because I love adventure and can find fun even during a stormy beach weekend, but considering you have other people and kids with you, I'd cancel. I think we're going to get more rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2016, 09:17 AM
 
45 posts, read 119,130 times
Reputation: 27
Thanks for all the input. Weather turned out to be good during most part of our stay! South Padre is wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top