U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2016, 05:19 PM

116 posts, read 298,657 times

Advertisements

Gone through quite a lot of information, some of seems to have not been updated in awhile or I have missed it so forgive me if already answered. Moving to Corpus in a little over a month already have employment so really need updated specifics on neighborhoods schools etc Plan to rent for the first year maybe two, need good schools have one in 4th and one in 12th. Pet friendly and a budget of up to 14-1500 a month rent. I have been told south side. Flour bluff and portland. Any places I am missing? Saw rentals that had Haas middle school, how is it? Coming down early October to house hunt. Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 08:22 AM

15,246 posts, read 17,657,142 times
Welcome!

I'm not familiar enough with Haas Middle School to give an opinion but maybe someone else will. If I were new to town and concerned about schools I'd probably stay on the Southside around Grant or Kaffie Middle Schools, or as you've been advised, Flour Bluff and Portland. The London and Tuloso Midway school districts are also good.

If you live in CCISD and think your child can test into the Athena program in 5th grade for GT kids, s/he would go to Baker MS and Ray HS in their International Baccalaureate programs. They're both older schools but have good programs. Your child can take the bus if you live more than 2 miles away.

At least if you rent your younger child will just have two years in elementary and you can move if you feel like a particular middle school would work better.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:11 PM

Thanks Marlow. Info on the ib programs are helpful for sure

Old 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM

Just an update. Found a nice house in Flour Bluff. From talking to many folks in CC, Flour Bluff ISP is by far the best. The schools in the Southside area are also quite good and they just opened up a new HS there (Memorial I think is the name). Marlow above as well as a few PM's offered advice and I thank each of you. We move in Oct 22 and we are looking forward to getting out of the NE part of the country and back down south where we are from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or