Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,118 times

Advertisements

My husband and I want to move near the coast ( within an hr or so) He drives long haul truck & trailer. We live near Asheville NC right now and are just tired of the cold and snow. We will be bringing 6 daughters ages 26-8. •Need good schools. •more rural area • looking to rent for awhile before Buying
What area would be best and how much to rent a 3/4 bedroom home? Hoping to keep it under $1000 a month
Also all girls rides horses so would like area so they could eventually own horses again ..we just sold the last two horses we had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 10:10 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,613,208 times
That's a very broad question. There are any number of communities that might work for you that are close to Corpus Christi. I'm not familiar with any of the school districts so I can't give you any information about that. The rural areas will be cheaper than CC, but will have fewer houses available to rent. If I were you I'd look on a map at towns that are in the geographic area you're thinking of and ask more particular questions.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:20 AM

738 posts, read 753,173 times
I'd say that price point is hard as long as the oil field isn't in total collapse. Cities are going to be more expensive than that in any area with decent schools, rural areas have too much of a shortage in housing for oil field workers. Oil field has declined but prices have not to that extent.

Best bet around here for good schools/rural setting is North West Corpus Christi/Calallen or the areas west of it still in Callallen ISD. Also at the intersection of I-37 and I-69 so better job opportunities. Ainsworth Trucking out there is usually hiring and is active in the livestock show 4-H.

There are some large lot(3-30 acre) mini ranches in South Flour Bluff where there is a fairly active horse group. Those can run between 275k- millions. School there is good.

If you want to look on zillow Flour Bluff is 78418 and Callallen is 78410.

There can also be good short haul jobs around here in oil field and construction. At the height of the boom folks with experience were making $100k a year. Nowhere near that now but there have been shortages of drivers in the past.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,118 times
Default Re: flour bluff

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm realizing we may need to go more "inland" and be further from the coast. We currently live about 6 hrs from the beach. The girls being able to have horses and finding work is more important than the beach. Now that I've researched a little more.. I've looking more nearer to Fort Worth..heard stephenville is rodeo horse type place. Or San Antonio areas at least an hour away. i want the basics Walmart Grocery stores hospital.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:59 PM

286 posts, read 566,570 times
Those things are not quite mutually exclusive but they're close. It's rare that the town where 4 bedroom houses are $1K are also close to adequate hospitals, schools, and WalMarts. Every town has grocery stores (and a Dairy Queen).

Ft Worth is a bit further from the coast certainly. You could make it to Galveston in a little under 5 hours with good traffic.
Look at Temple, or near Waco and you might be able to and be every so slightly closer to the beach.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:00 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonMist View Post
My husband and I want to move near the coast ( within an hr or so) He drives long haul truck & trailer. We live near Asheville NC right now and are just tired of the cold and snow. We will be bringing 6 daughters ages 26-8. •Need good schools. •more rural area • looking to rent for awhile before Buying
What area would be best and how much to rent a 3/4 bedroom home? Hoping to keep it under $1000 a month
Also all girls rides horses so would like area so they could eventually own horses again ..we just sold the last two horses we had.

Hi there, AvalonMist. I'm also a driver, and I moved back to Texas after a stint in Asheville.

Most places in rural Texas will be less expensive than WNC, but finding a 3/4 BR house for under $1000 a month is going to be tough unless you're in the Panhandle. You might also try looking along I-20 from Midland to the Weatherford area.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:33 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,259,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
Hi there, AvalonMist. I'm also a driver, and I moved back to Texas after a stint in Asheville.

Most places in rural Texas will be less expensive than WNC, but finding a 3/4 BR house for under $1000 a month is going to be tough unless you're in the Panhandle. You might also try looking along I-20 from Midland to the Weatherford area.
I think a 3/4 bedroom house in Midland would be out of her price range.I talked to someone and they were paying 1100 dollars for a one-bed room apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi