Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:06 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,598,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmco View Post
Thanks for your comments, JBTX. I asked for feed-back, and you definitely delivered. I'm as handy in the kitchen as I am in the garage, so I'm not sure where that would place me in your book of stereotypes. But perhaps I can better determine how welcome my partner and I would be in your neighborhood by asking you this: what if we moved in to the house next door to you and asked you and your family over for dinner?
My husband, daughter and I would be thrilled to have dinner with you and your partner. If you end up moving to CC, invite us over and I'll brag on your cooking here on C-D. And I'll bring dessert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 09:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,916,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmco View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to add a twist for our situation. We're a gay retired couple of guys, we've been together for over 10 years, and are considering taking a look at the Corpus Christi area for a second home to get away from the cold, dry Denver winters. What's the general attitude towards gays in Corpus? It was suggested to me by a CC native that it's a very 'live and let live' atmosphere in general, and that while there's not a large gay community presence there, that it's friendly and diverse. Opinions?
Did you see the post that your "friend" left on here?!!!
Told you so.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:47 AM

4,421 posts, read 5,294,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
My husband, daughter and I would be thrilled to have dinner with you and your partner. If you end up moving to CC, invite us over and I'll brag on your cooking here on C-D. And I'll bring dessert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Did you see the post that your "friend" left on here?!!!
Told you so.
Did you miss the one right below?

I can guarantee that I can find people that hate/dis-like/despise gays in EVERY city over 5000 in this country...

Old 07-29-2013, 08:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,916,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Did you miss the one right below?

I can guarantee that I can find people that hate/dis-like/despise gays in EVERY city over 5000 in this country...
True, rynetwo, there are bigots all across the Globe. The timing just seemed so right to make that comment. A leopard can't change his spots that quickly.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 PM

484 posts, read 1,623,564 times
wehotex;

Your ignorance is astounding. A bigot is defined as: One who regards or treats members of a racial or ethnic group with hatred and intolerance. I doubt gay qualifies as either racial or ethnic. I have many Hispanic and black friends, even some funny relatives from distant countries, I'm 1/4 native American, my Indian name is "Dances With A Beer, so I'm not a bigot. You will have to try harder to insult me.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:31 AM

286 posts, read 566,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I can beat that.
I bet I can find someone that hates/dislikes/despises pretty much anything in a city over 5000.
Gays
Straight people
Vegans
Meat eaters
Blacks
Whites
Hispanics
Women
Men
Christians
Muslims
Atheists
etc...

It is human nature for people to segregate into groups with similar interests.
It's just that it's decent to realize that some people are different from you and yours, but don't need to be ostracized for it.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:06 AM

484 posts, read 1,623,564 times
I am so surprised that I didn't get the usual PC liberal attacks when I mentioned "black Russians". I guess that's because nobody here knows what a black Russian is. In Russian, the term is "черный", or transliteration, "chernyy", regarding people from the Caucus region, or Caucasians, (that's right, Russians regard white folks here as black), I hate burst your bubble but if your ancestors migrated west from central Asia to what we now think of as Europe, you may be a "black person" in the eyes of the Nordic Russian. The modern world Chechnya is considered "black" by Russians, although the people are quite white in appearance. Russia is a funny place.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,908,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtx View Post
I guess that's because nobody here knows what a black Russian is..
Dang. I always thought that was kahlua & vodka.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,778,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Dang. I always thought that was kahlua & vodka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi