U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:32 PM

1,379 posts, read 2,799,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
It snowed in CC what?!? I live in SA and it has never snowed here ever. And were at a two hour drive north of ya'll. Are you sure it snowed in CC.
Research it. 2004 Christmas Eve-Christmas Snowstorm. It was as far north as Beeville and Victoria. And it was as far south as Monterrey, Mexico. We were right in the middle of it. All the snow was south of San Antonio.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 10:39 PM

1,379 posts, read 2,799,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyone View Post
Thanks for the info!
No problem. If you have anymore questions, Ill be happy to answer them.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:29 AM

808 posts, read 3,372,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Research it. 2004 Christmas Eve-Christmas Snowstorm. It was as far north as Beeville and Victoria. And it was as far south as Monterrey, Mexico. We were right in the middle of it. All the snow was south of San Antonio.

http://www.hprcc.unl.edu/nebraska/texas-snow-dec25-2004.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by awecelot; 04-12-2008 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: Added another image

Old 04-12-2008, 06:14 AM

160 posts, read 587,861 times
The Christmas South Texas snowstorm of 2004 dumped more snow in one fall in south Texas than this area of Montana got all of the winter.

It also snowed in Corpus in the mid-80's, but to no degree that 2004 saw. It was about a quarter to half an inch back then, if that.

As for the Corpus cold snaps, due to the high humidity of the air, a 40 degree day in Corpus is more akin to a 0 degree day in Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, or South Dakota. I have a brother in-law that was born and raised in North Dakota. He went down a couple of years ago, and he could not believe how cold 40 degrees could feel.

Just a reminder that while most of the year Corpus is what most consider too hot, when the winter rolls around, it can get a bit chilly.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:13 AM

3,494 posts, read 13,324,037 times
when i lived 30 minutes south of Corpus, i was FREEZING during the winter. to me, it was bitter cold. i actually felt colder down there than here in central Texas, interestingly enough. unless it was just an unusually cold winter during 06-07. but the reason i know i was MUCH colder is because there were many days that i wore my snowsuit (insulated coveralls type thing) to walk my dogs, whereas i have only been cold enough to have to take it out twice this past winter here in central Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi