Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:40 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,795,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
You maybe right on the post thing.. but I will leave it to each person to decide.

Not really.. when I lived in Gulfport Mississippi, that was shocking... green and tall tree lined highways... and the chirping fogs. Loved it.

But yeah Corpus is nice and green too. I still need to check McAllen out sometime and see what its like. Some of the pictures that I have seen on here make it look quite nice.
Enjoyed the pics, Muhnay. Thanks for sharing.

The frogs are neat, but the trees lining the highways and roads in MS just give me claustrophobia....LOL!! I felt so closed in!

To each his/her own. Where do you think your perfect spot will be? The RGV is nice (from what I remember, since I haven't been there after I left in '76), but it is really HOT and very, very HUMID. Very subtropical. That might be right up your alley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 02:57 PM

219 posts, read 808,708 times
According to the FBI stats El Paso and Corpus are even on violent crime and Corpus property crime is higher.

The police in Corpus are very corrupt.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:02 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,894,322 times
You keep thinking I am moving to Corpus.. I have no idea where you get that idea.

How do you know they are corrupt? Give some facts, please back up your statements with facts.

Note it says moving to the gulf coast, not Corpus. That could be anywhere from Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, or even Texas.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:04 PM

LOL. I lived here for 20 years. I know. I have had friends that use to be cops. Here is a link for you. If you must live in TX go for the hill country. Much better and safer.
Moderator cut: link to a competitors site removed

Last edited by Yac; 05-09-2008 at 02:43 AM..

Old 04-18-2008, 10:49 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,739,726 times
Thanks for sharing the pictures, makes me want to feel the wet sand between my toes, feel the balmy breezes and smell that distinct smell of beaches.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:47 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,222,738 times
Fantastic pictures... I was just in Corpus a couple weeks ago

Old 04-19-2008, 12:16 AM

1,606 posts, read 3,390,232 times
[quote=johnbain;3504001]LOL. I lived here for 20 years. I know. I have had friends that use to be cops. Here is a link for you. If you must live in TX go for the hill country. Much better and safer.

The police isn't corrupt down here. My dad is a cop and has been one for the city for the last 16 years. I know a lot of cops, none of which have been corrupt. So that is a flat out lie. I think the police chief didn't sexually assault his ex wife or anythin. It is some BS she made up because he is making money as police chief and she is jealous.

And idk why people say crime in Corpus is bad. Ever since I have been here, almost my whole life, I haven't seen anything that bad. Its just like most other cities. No better or no worse. Stay out of the very few bad neighborhoods here and you should be fine. Even thought the bad neighborhoods aren't even that bad compared to other cities bad neighborhoods.

San Antonio isn't really any safer than what Corpus is. I cant say anything about Austin because I dont know much about it, but i know New Bransfels and San Marcos are safe towns. Small but Safe.

Last edited by Yac; 11-25-2020 at 05:06 AM..

Old 04-19-2008, 01:55 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,739,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Enjoyed the pics, Muhnay. Thanks for sharing.

The frogs are neat, but the trees lining the highways and roads in MS just give me claustrophobia....LOL!! I felt so closed in!

To each his/her own. Where do you think your perfect spot will be? The RGV is nice (from what I remember, since I haven't been there after I left in '76), but it is really HOT and very, very HUMID. Very subtropical. That might be right up your alley.
I can imagine! That's what that good West Texas lving will do for you. There's a lot of places that will give me claustrophobia too. Use to, going through Fort Worth on I20 I would also get to where I couldn't breathe, finally hit Parker County and it was like, ok, it's getting better. Of course, this had nothing to do with the lay of the land, it was PEOPLE, TRAFFIC, BUILDINGS. I think Parker County has caught now, though.

I like trees, but when it gets too woodsy, it starts closing in.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:26 PM

Sorry gabetx...just because your Dad is not corrupt does not mean the police are not corrupt. YES..they ARE CORRUPT. It's hard for people to believe that bad things happen in the towns they love...but...it does. Sorry...that is life. The bad things in the Corpus area are mostly drug related since we are so close to Mexico...and if you don't think there are large amounts of police taking bribes..then think again..how does a dealer...deal in broad daylight for 20 years without every going to jail or prison...mmmm...I wonder how?

Old 04-19-2008, 06:36 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,795,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I can imagine! That's what that good West Texas lving will do for you. There's a lot of places that will give me claustrophobia too. Use to, going through Fort Worth on I20 I would also get to where I couldn't breathe, finally hit Parker County and it was like, ok, it's getting better. Of course, this had nothing to do with the lay of the land, it was PEOPLE, TRAFFIC, BUILDINGS. I think Parker County has caught now, though.

I like trees, but when it gets too woodsy, it starts closing in.
Exactly......and I even get that way in parts of NM that are very woodsy and closed in, too, LOL!!!

One gets used to flat, open horizons where one can see in all directions, I guess!

I found ET smothering for the same reason. Others love the heavy woods and greenery. Texas really does have something to offer everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi