U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 PM

33 posts, read 166,712 times

Advertisements

I'm taking my dad down to Rockport next week for a little R&R and a lot of seafood. I've looked on the internet for places to stay but just wound up confused. Where is a nice place to stay where he can sit outside in the sun and look at the water and that is also a close walk to a pier, downtown area, etc. Also, which are the good places to eat seafood like stuffed crab, flounder, fried shrimp and raw oysters?

Also, we'll be going over to Corpus...which are the good local seafood restaurants? Have eaten at Landry's and would like to try something different. All the others that were there when I was a kid, like Ship Ahoy, are gone now. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 10:49 PM

808 posts, read 3,350,899 times
Good seafood in Rockport-Fulton:

Charlotte Plummer's, Big Fisherman

As far as a place to stay, I'd recommend The Inn at Fulton Harbor: Beautiful waterfront Fulton, Texas Inn

My best suggestion for seafood in Corpus is Snoopy's Pier...but it's a bit of a drive, under the JFK Causeway (Park Road 22) going to Padre Island.

Old 04-21-2008, 12:00 AM

33 posts, read 166,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post

As far as a place to stay, I'd recommend The Inn at Fulton Harbor: Beautiful waterfront Fulton, Texas Inn

My best suggestion for seafood in Corpus is Snoopy's Pier...but it's a bit of a drive, under the JFK Causeway (Park Road 22) going to Padre Island.
Thanks for the great suggestions. I love their web page, very relaxing!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 PM

2,919 posts, read 4,927,523 times
hemingways in rockport is very nice & upscale. water street in downtown corpus is good.

Old 04-22-2008, 05:43 AM

3,219 posts, read 8,210,614 times
I asked myself that too where can I get good seafood in Rockport. beluieve or not I could not find good seafood in CC. Even at Snoopy. I guess I am spoil eating seafood in New Orleans, Galveston and Houston. When I got back to SA I was told that CC is not a good seafood place. This is so wierd becasue it is right on the sea. There is a place in Galveston called Beano, i wish I could find a place like that in Rport or CC. Wishing for some BBQ crabs about now.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:38 PM

1,241 posts, read 3,984,617 times
Black Beard's in Corpus is good.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:39 AM

3,494 posts, read 13,254,380 times
yep that blew my mind...when i lived down there, that i couldnt find much good seafood dining out places...and the few that i could find, were not anything to write home about. very disappointing, after being misplaced in coastal Georgia, and enjoying so much good seafood for several years. i do miss the seafood...other than that,I am happy to be back home in Texas.
it truly puzzled me as to why a coastal city like Corpus would not be inundated by seafood restaurants......

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
I asked myself that too where can I get good seafood in Rockport. beluieve or not I could not find good seafood in CC. Even at Snoopy. I guess I am spoil eating seafood in New Orleans, Galveston and Houston. When I got back to SA I was told that CC is not a good seafood place. This is so wierd becasue it is right on the sea. There is a place in Galveston called Beano, i wish I could find a place like that in Rport or CC. Wishing for some BBQ crabs about now.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:01 PM

219 posts, read 755,650 times
Stay away from Charlotte Plummer's and Big Fisherman. My son worked at Charlotte Plumbers for a while and quit due to how filthy the kitchen was. I have a relative that works at Big Fisherman plus I have been in kitchen also and that place is filthy also.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:48 AM

49,501 posts, read 39,474,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awecelot View Post

I'll have to look at those.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:03 AM

3,219 posts, read 8,210,614 times
CC get on the horn and gets some decent seafood restaurants there. It is a shame!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi