Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 06:44 PM

368 posts, read 1,785,326 times

Advertisements

I know this is the Austin board, but we're close enough to the Gulf to make an overnight trip down to the coast not totally out-of-the-ordinary.

Our 11th anniversary is next week, and we'd like to take a walk on the beach and I'd like my wife to be able to soak in a large, in-room bathtub. Is there a place down on the coast, in the Corpus area, which has this type of room setup?

I'm surfing hotels.com, travelocity, and Googling the area to death, but large in-room tubs is not a common thing and seems to get little to no mention.

Thanks!

A normal-sized jacuzzi tub would be a bonus. Our last two houses have had them, and she definitely misses lounging in one.

I owe her big time, 'cause last year, our 10th anniversary, we didn't take a cruise to Hawaii, which would have had us on the island on which we were married, on the exact day of our anniversary, because I took a job working for what turned out to be wholly inept morons, instead. Lasted all of six weeks, but it was too late to do anything by then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 05:50 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckellyb View Post
I know this is the Austin board, but we're close enough to the Gulf to make an overnight trip down to the coast not totally out-of-the-ordinary.

Our 11th anniversary is next week, and we'd like to take a walk on the beach and I'd like my wife to be able to soak in a large, in-room bathtub. Is there a place down on the coast, in the Corpus area, which has this type of room setup?

I'm surfing hotels.com, travelocity, and Googling the area to death, but large in-room tubs is not a common thing and seems to get little to no mention.

Thanks!

A normal-sized jacuzzi tub would be a bonus. Our last two houses have had them, and she definitely misses lounging in one.

I owe her big time, 'cause last year, our 10th anniversary, we didn't take a cruise to Hawaii, which would have had us on the island on which we were married, on the exact day of our anniversary, because I took a job working for what turned out to be wholly inept morons, instead. Lasted all of six weeks, but it was too late to do anything by then.
Bummer...Where to stay & play in Port Aransas, Texas (http://www.portaransas.org/stay.html - broken link) hope this helps you!

Old 05-17-2008, 11:07 AM

Hey, thanks a bunch for the link, but after two hours of surfing last night, I finally gave up on the coast, and instead I think we're going to do something here in town. Maybe Cafe Blue...looks like a nice place with good food and excellent sunset views. Of course, Tuesday is supposed to be a rather warm day for sitting on the porch, but y'never know, sometimes. Was supposed to be warm, yesterday, too, but it was awesome.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:18 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,257 times
How about a night at the famous old Driskill hotel...get a corner room with a balcony looking over 6th street

Old 05-17-2008, 11:20 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,465,549 times
We went to Cafe Blue on our anniversary last year....love the view. But call and make sure its open....last I heard, it was only open on weekends.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:24 AM

808 posts, read 3,647,501 times
If you do decide to go on down to Corpus, take a look at this place: Christy Estates Suites

Old 05-17-2008, 07:02 PM

We drove around and looked at a half dozen places, today.

The downtown Hyatt isn't going to work. My minimum requirement is a soaking tub, if not a jetted tub.

Holiday Inn on the river. No tub action.

The Driskill is rather pricey. Rather.

It turns out, there weren't any rooms availalbe, anyway. It's graduation week, so we're hosed. Even tried the Hyatt out in Bastrop, no vacancy.

We visited the Inn At Pearl Street, a B&B which has a room with a jetted tub for 'only' $140. It just wasn't my cuppa tea, and I like tea. The house smelled old...which is odd.

The last stop of the day was at the Lakeway Resort & Spa. Nice place, but a little too country-clubbish for me. Enough so I was actually slightly uncomfortable. I mean, I was well-dressed, we have nice cars, we're educated, but this smacked, to me, of being a place for the rich. We even had a drink out on the back porch, at Josie's, and it just didn't feel right.

We were going to swing by Cafe Blue, but I didn't make a note of where it was, Lakeway was a spur-of-the-moment thing, so I couldn't find it. The car's nav system disc is old, so it's missing anything newer than about Y2K. I'm working on that...I've become embarassingly dependent on it in places I'm unfamiliar with the street layout.

The more we think about it, and what we are trying to achieve, we realize it's a better idea to spread out our anniversary over the course of the week. We're going to search for a couple's massage, as my back is so tweaked, I can barely turn my head to the right, and my walking is obviously not correct (though it never truly look 'right', thanks to extensive internal damage to various leg bones on both sides).

I may surf for a day spa for my wife, and get her a half-day, or the like. Thanks for all the suggestions, though! I'm up for more, however, if anyone knows of a good spa, masseuse place, etc.

Last edited by Mckellyb; 05-17-2008 at 07:16 PM..

Old 05-17-2008, 10:15 PM

225 posts, read 851,194 times
The crossings is a wonderful place....
A Hotel, Wellness Spa, and Meeting Venue :: The Crossings, Austin Texas

Old 05-18-2008, 12:46 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times
Lake Austin Spa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi