U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 PM

3,494 posts, read 13,324,037 times

Advertisements

I went to go furniture shopping in Corpus Christi today. I have driven there a few times for things I cant get in my small town or on the internet, but basically staying around SPID which I dont like at all.
But what a PLEASANT surprise my drive took me to, today! I drove down Chapman Ranch to an area called "Yorktown Heights" on Yorktown Road....and what a gorgeous area it is! There are very nice subdivisions with acreage or large lots (1 acre+)...e.g. Rancho Vista, Casa Blanca, Kings Crossing........ALL GORGEOUS....and what a drive...a mix between tropical with palm trees, and ranch land with cattle and horses roaming amongst mesquite and huisache coastal prairie, and then!!!! Oso Bay/Oso Creek and the bridge to what I guess is Flour Bluff/Padre Island area...i found myself at a dead end on the water on a road called Laguna Shores, and there were some REALLY REALLY nice RV parks there and a mobile home park. It was refreshing to see such a beautiful area of Corpus! I could almost live in Corpus Christi after seeing this area! It does not feel like you are ANYWHERE near a city AT ALL.
For those urban professionals, or retirees, looking for a place in Corpus-this is one area to look at!
I heard from coworkers who live in Corpus area that this is where some of the doctors we work with, live, and it is an upscale area of Corpus. BUT it did NOT feel "PRETENTIOUS" upscale.
I LOVED IT. and i am a redneck country girl...so that says alot!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 04:03 PM

259 posts, read 1,843,028 times
Default Corpus Christi

CAN YOU GIVE ME THE PROS AND CONS OF CC? WE LOVE THE WATER AND LIVE IN HAWAII NOW...LOOKING TO RELOCATE SOMEWHERE IN TX...BUT REALLY WANT TO BE BY WATER, BUT ALSO DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A CITY THAT ONLY HAS ONE NICE "SPOT" ..IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...ANY SUGGESTIONS? WE ALSO ARE CONSIDERING AUSTIN AND TYLER HEAVILY. HELP!!!..THANKS!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or