Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:45 AM

13 posts, read 39,713 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Killeen Texas and I've lived in the armpit of hell, Miami. I now live in Paradise, Belen New Mexico.

I didn't mind Killeen. It's hot. Really hot.

Go where the money is and plan to move back to where you really want to when the money dries up there. You can be happy nearly anywhere, except Miami, of course : )

New Mexico- Belen- is the most beautiful place on earth. The mountains, the people, the food, the temperature, the cost of living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:17 PM

37 posts, read 102,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabetx View Post
Usually, being assumed the windiest city in the country, we get a nice sea breeze all summer long to keep us below 100 degrees.
Windier than Oklahoma

Quote:
Other than that, I hope I gave you a better perspective of the city. Its really a "hidden jewel".
Thanks for your post, Gabe. We used to live in SA and I just got offered a job in CC today

Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM

244 posts, read 804,062 times
Take the job. You won't regret it. it's a great city with great people. Plenty of things to get involved in.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:51 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,070 times
Quote:
If you are into shopping, there is currently one mall, the Padre Staples Mall, but that is to change soon. The Crosstown Commons is about to start construction on Greenwood soon which will be an outdoor lifestyles center comparable to the La Cantera shopping center in San Antonio.
I know this comment is a year old but it's a misleading statement has to be addressed. The only thing Crosstown Commons (which has yet to even break ground) has in common with The Shops at La Cantera in SA is the layout. It's an open air shopping center with the same layout type of layout as the Shops at La Cantera or any other open air shopping center in the US with the same mall type of layout.

However, the stores and restaurants at Crosstown Commons will be nothing comparable to the stores and restaurants that currently serve The Shops at La Cantera.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:52 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54321 View Post
Take the job. You won't regret it. it's a great city with great people. Plenty of things to get involved in.
She had to decide soon a year ago. lol

Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,411,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
I know this comment is a year old but it's a misleading statement has to be addressed. The only thing Crosstown Commons (which has yet to even break ground) has in common with The Shops at La Cantera in SA is the layout. It's an open air shopping center with the same layout type of layout as the Shops at La Cantera or any other open air shopping center in the US with the same mall type of layout.

However, the stores and restaurants at Crosstown Commons will be nothing comparable to the stores and restaurants that currently serve The Shops at La Cantera.
Sorry, but the news and the developers both stated that the Crosstown Commons project is going to be comparable to the shops at La Cantera.

Also, even though Crosstown Commons and the Outlets at Corpus Christi Bay were both to have started construction already a long time ago, both developers from both projects said they are still interested and are still intending on building the projects here. But they want to wait until the economy picks up...

Honestly though, my personal thoughts on it are that both developers want to back out of their projects so they are waiting for the developments to quietly fade away. They want to do this because both developments ere given huge tax incentives towards their projects from the City of Corpus Christi and the city of Robstown. They don't want to disappoint the city leaders because the area really wanted these projects to be constructed due to the huge lack of shopping opportunities in the Corpus Christi metro area.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertEagle62 View Post
Windier than Oklahoma

Thanks for your post, Gabe. We used to live in SA and I just got offered a job in CC today
I would take the job. I have been to OKC and I really wasn't impressed. I think CC is a better town. The biggest differences you would notice between the two cities are:

A: CC is 55% hispanic. But I am sure you are used to it since you used to live in SA.

B: A lot less traffic and its easy to get around in CC

And C: A lot less shopping in CC, a lot slower paced, and a much slower growth rate.

But there are several projects that are being proposed and are in the workings to bring a lot of jobs to the area of CC. Also the city is focusing on downtown revitalization right now. I really think the biggest thing the city needs to focus on right now though is building up a denser urban core and stop promoting the sprawly messes south of Saratoga and west of 77 down 624.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:54 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times
Quote:
Sorry, but the news and the developers both stated that the Crosstown Commons project is going to be comparable to the shops at La Cantera.
Are they saying it will be comparable just in layout/size to La Cantera (including the new-ish addition)? Or similar to types of stores - Nordies, Neimans, Free People, Zara, Lucky Brand, Tiffany's...? I haven't seen much about it, so just curious what has been reported.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
Are they saying it will be comparable just in layout/size to La Cantera (including the new-ish addition)? Or similar to types of stores - Nordies, Neimans, Free People, Zara, Lucky Brand, Tiffany's...? I haven't seen much about it, so just curious what has been reported.
I am pretty sure they meant in stores and in layout. But I am sure it would be on a smaller scale because I don't think CC can handle that many "high class" stores.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:15 AM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times
Thanks. That's what I was thinking as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi