U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:59 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,750,435 times

Advertisements

LUTARIAN Give us FACTS not opinion - its time to back up your statements. SHOW us the rapes. I've practiced criminal law here since the 1990's and on most docket days (Thursdays) I am there and never see them. There are a few date rapes and some statutory rapes (ie a 19 with a 16 perhaps) but because you claim the rate is 7 times the national average either A show us your statistics or B list even 7 in one year list them by case name .

I say you're lying and you have some issues, but instead of being honest you want to blame the town. Like the criminals I've prosecuted and defended over the years - you need to blame someone else- maybe you were forced to leave after making statements like those in your posts.

I rarely even lock my door in Rockport and never lock the car. Nothing has ever gotten stolen.

As for housing if you live on the Waterfront its high but inland is much more reasonable. It is more costly than Corpus Christi for three reasons A. A much larger percentage of land is waterfront B We dont have ugly refineries C Our income level is much higher - lots of retirement homes.

So now LUTARIAN its time to give us those "facts" show us the rapes and the drug statistics.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 PM

196 posts, read 590,826 times
You practice criminal law in Rockport uh? Yet, you can't find these stats? They are everyone on the net including THIS site. Where did you get your degree. In a cereal box?

Old 09-11-2008, 07:54 AM

129 posts, read 409,270 times
We'll wait a bit until the storm "IKE" passes then make our trip to Rockport to check out the place for retirement.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 5,254 times
We have spent the last two Winters here and really love it. It is a quiet, small town, and we sure haven't seen any unusual crime and drug problems, as suggesed by Lutarian.

He apparently has some sort of grudge going against Rockport... and his comment about a bad beach is puzzling. Again this year, the Rockport beach was nationally recognized as outstanding: "Rockport Beach has won awards for being “The Nation’s Cleanest Beach” and is the first Texas Blue Wave Beach, a first in America’s environmental certification for beaches. The campaign is meant to “promote public awareness and voluntary participation in maintaining clean and healthy beaches.” Rockport Beach is also home to over 30 species of birds and is part of the Connie Hagar Wildlife Sanctuary, which is also managed by the City of Rockport. Rockport Beach features three playgrounds, 61 individual picnic sites, an 800-foot pier popular for fishing, a saltwater pool, and areas for sailing (on the beach-side of the park)", ([url=http://www.rockportrealestatetexas.com/cityprofile.htm]Rockport Real Estate Information on Homes for Sale, Neighborhoods, Relocating to Rockport, Texas[/url]).

Old 03-13-2009, 01:43 AM

Sorry to tell you but there is no grudge. Just facts. Why don't you look up the stats yourself and you will see Rockports crime is very high.

Rockport is also NOT the nation's cleanest beach. I have been to beaches all over the USA and it's no where near.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:35 PM

luterian if you make a claim- back it up with facts instead of hiding behing your anonymous screen name and telling people to look it up themselves.

UCR has Rockport's crime down from 1300 or so to 1100 -Official DPS statistics - now link us to your data. in fact our crime is too low for us to get our own District Attorney - and most counties with 18,000 have one - we are 25,489 and if you look at AransasCounty.website commissioner's agenda for tomw you will see that as an item.

Now link us to FACTs! not talk

As for the beach Rockport won the EPA Blue Ribbon award for the cleanest beach in Texas.

Better yet -name ONE polluting industry in Rockport.

So where are we

1. Back up your crime claims with data NOT BS
2. Show us one point source for pollution in Aransas County ( we have none DeGussa was shut down and it wasn't near the beach)

Old 03-15-2009, 05:57 PM

367 posts, read 1,070,774 times
Rockport is a pretty place. I'm sorry, it just is...and also an art community. A family member had a home on the water for a number of years - great area of Texas. I don't know where lutarian is getting what seems like very erroneous information, the data I pulled up on CD shows very low crime.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:05 AM

Once again...people that don't read. LOOK up the crime in Rockport....according to the FBI. Actually read it and be amazed. Ignorance is bliss.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 AM

Its not us who can't read - we gave you the UCR reports which are generated by Texas DPS for the FBI. Everyone else is not only disagreeing with you but challenging your numbers.

THIS IS SIMPLE GIVE US THE ACTUAL NUMBERS and CITATION

Old 03-27-2009, 11:04 AM

9,353 posts, read 17,660,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutarian View Post
Once again...people that don't read. LOOK up the crime in Rockport....according to the FBI. Actually read it and be amazed. Ignorance is bliss.
can you direct interested parties in WHERE to look??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi