U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crthemessenger View Post
I am a freelance investigative photojournalist who was in the process of moving to Rockport when all HECK broke loose on me! I was digging up all kinds of stories on the local aransas county sheriffs department and rockport police, They got wind of it and proceeded to surround me on a deserted road in front of the Inn at Fulton Harbor and brutalized me. They then charged me with resisting arrest. The story is far from over and includes children being molested, innocent men in prison, and so much more because of corruption in the Rockport Fulton Tx area. I need help and any information that anyone else can contribute to put these little men in cops clothes behind bars including a CORRUPT JUDGE In the area. [10 post to link off site]
i also live in rockport. My now fiance was severely beaten by her ex-husband in front of 5 of her children, 2 of which were over 18, one is in the Coast Guard-a law enforcement agency. An ambulance even came out to confirm the serious bodily injury to her. The ex even threw a board at her 8 y.o. daughter's head thereby endangering a child. The ex fled the scene before the cops got there the first time. The ex came back to the scene later that night and my fiance quickly called the police. When they came out the second time, the ex was there, but the officer just let him go. Even though there were basically 7 witnesses and severe injury, this Rockport officer just let the ex just walk away.

So she gets a protective order, but the ex keeps violating it because he knows that RPD has his back. Then when she reports the violations, the same officer who let the ex go that night, is the only one ever dispatched to take the report.

This officer then harrasses her and tells her she is lying and that we are doing all this out of our "animousity" towards her ex, when none of this would be necessary if the officer would have made the arrest in the first place.. Now the Chief of Police wants a statement????

We thought Rockport was this nice little community. But DO NOT come here-very corrupt!!!
Rate this post positively

Old 02-24-2011, 04:54 PM

16,780 posts, read 43,352,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockportvictims View Post
i also live in rockport. My now fiance was severely beaten by her ex-husband in front of 5 of her children, 2 of which were over 18, one is in the Coast Guard-a law enforcement agency. An ambulance even came out to confirm the serious bodily injury to her. The ex even threw a board at her 8 y.o. daughter's head thereby endangering a child. The ex fled the scene before the cops got there the first time. The ex came back to the scene later that night and my fiance quickly called the police. When they came out the second time, the ex was there, but the officer just let him go. Even though there were basically 7 witnesses and severe injury, this Rockport officer just let the ex just walk away.

So she gets a protective order, but the ex keeps violating it because he knows that RPD has his back. Then when she reports the violations, the same officer who let the ex go that night, is the only one ever dispatched to take the report.

This officer then harrasses her and tells her she is lying and that we are doing all this out of our "animousity" towards her ex, when none of this would be necessary if the officer would have made the arrest in the first place.. Now the Chief of Police wants a statement????

We thought Rockport was this nice little community. But DO NOT come here-very corrupt!!!
You should go in and complain to the Chief of Police. If he won't help you then to talk to the County Attorney.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,341 times
Rockport is a much better place to live now that lutarian has moved on to some other location to hate. This is actually a very friendly town and thank god for a reasonable police force.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:39 AM

2,601 posts, read 7,811,383 times
Exactly these people need to put their names behind their complaints so they can be verified. Crtmesenger - tell us exactly what you thought you were investigating with names and offenses-- or is your excuse going to be that if you do - the sheriffs are going to find you online and hunt you down. LOL. CaptnRN it is fair to say the County Atty does not have a great reputation for prosecution however serious crimes go to the District Attorney Pat Flanagan and although he is a laid-back guy he will go after them.

Rockportvictims be specific who what where and have you filed a grievance and gone to Rockport City Council with this? or is the remedy City-Data.com?

Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 AM

16,434 posts, read 20,008,342 times
I notice that Zillow shows houses in Rockport as paying zero taxes. What's up with that? We owned a house just down the road in Portland and prop tax was high.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,243 times
Ocean2026 there are gangs here and gang graffiti just take a good hard look we are here I am a AGC Crip and I know that sur 13 bloods and a few folk sets as well as RVC Crips and much more are all over rockport Aransas pass and other towns near hear the only reason there are never any reported problems is a lot of the gangs here pay off the cops and we all have our turf figured out so I will say this keep your kids in sight if you want to move here I mean just the other night me and some family counted 28 gun shots fired and heard a car peal off so trust me gangs are here there every were no town free of us we are here and one of these days every one will be forced to except that this little town is a black hole sucking the life out of every one I know for a fact drugs are worse here than my old town an it was near D town so that's sayin something and rape I think half of it is bored lil girls calling wolf when they fail a pregnancy test to stay out of trouble but still it's through the roof as well as theft I know a lot of people in this town who do all this stealing and dope doing and pushing on a daily bases so trust me people it's hear this town is bad make no mistake just because were close to the beach don't mean anything Compton and watts are close to the beach but I don't see you saying there good places to be so I suggest you take all that in and you will C things here a bad and it's only getting worse!

Old 09-16-2014, 04:20 PM

2,601 posts, read 7,811,383 times
it depends on the neighborhood. Bahia Bay is a place where I've left by doors open whioe I was out - no theft in 15 years and as I go to court often - very little crime here. The Sheriff on the other hand is hopeless when it comes to solving crime. One o my clients shot at a bunch of cars going by his house at night because he felt he had to protect himself - ( high on drugs of course-- he got probation lol The Sheriff finds small time drug users and then acts like he is solving the drug issues. He protects the biggest crook in town - who I helped send to prison using the DA in DE Witt.

Overall though the place is still pretty safe. Very few rapes and murder. Most of the murder comes from people who know each other.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:28 AM

334 posts, read 502,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POboy211 View Post
Ocean2026 there are gangs here and gang graffiti just take a good hard look we are here I am a AGC Crip and I know that sur 13 bloods and a few folk sets as well as RVC Crips and much more are all over rockport Aransas pass and other towns near hear the only reason there are never any reported problems is a lot of the gangs here pay off the cops and we all have our turf figured out so I will say this keep your kids in sight if you want to move here I mean just the other night me and some family counted 28 gun shots fired and heard a car peal off so trust me gangs are here there every were no town free of us we are here and one of these days every one will be forced to except that this little town is a black hole sucking the life out of every one I know for a fact drugs are worse here than my old town an it was near D town so that's sayin something and rape I think half of it is bored lil girls calling wolf when they fail a pregnancy test to stay out of trouble but still it's through the roof as well as theft I know a lot of people in this town who do all this stealing and dope doing and pushing on a daily bases so trust me people it's hear this town is bad make no mistake just because were close to the beach don't mean anything Compton and watts are close to the beach but I don't see you saying there good places to be so I suggest you take all that in and you will C things here a bad and it's only getting worse!
Well, this is certainly unsettling to hear!

Old 09-23-2014, 04:51 PM

16,780 posts, read 43,352,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Fats View Post
Well, this is certainly unsettling to hear!
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:53 PM

1,986 posts, read 1,556,616 times
WOW this is an old thread come back to life . I did move to Seattle nearly 4 years ago when I said I thought I would and love it . FINALLY a place where I fit in .I live right on Puget Sound ,,yes its cooler than Port A and Rockport but it is truly beautiful up here and I have decent healthcare at a reasonable rate . I commute a lot also to LA and have wonderful times. I should have done this 30 years ago. So much to do and see . NO regrets , NO more police bullying . I am free.

Saddened to hear about the situation in Aransas and Rockport but I've been hearing similar from my grown kids ( in their 20's) They all live in Houston or Austin now but miss their beloved Port A. and visit friends in the area a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi